Cycle Simplex Recumbent Bike Rack

Finding a bike rack that will transport your recumbent cycle in a secure manner and without damage has been a problem. Some recumbents have the crank ahead of the front wheel and others have it behind the front wheel. The wheelbase and the height of the crank off the ground also varies widely. CycleSimplex's unique bicycle rack design allows us to accommodate the varied configurations of today's recumbent bikes. With our rack your bikes sit on their wheels and there is no damaging contact between the bikes or the rack and the bikes themselves.

[Mar 24, 2019]
CycleSimplex

OVERALL
Strength:

I am the owner of CycleSimplex and I just discovered this review, so I thought I would bring it up-to-date. We have been making trike and bike racks for over 20 years now and our growth has been in the 50% range for the past 3 years. I guess that means we have become very good at what we do. Our product is of exceptional quality and durability. We are one of the only racks that is allowed for use on RV's. That in itself is testimony to our quality and strength. We have recently added a vertical tandem rack which solves the problem of a tandem sticking out on both sides of the vehicle.

Our instructions have been updated about 50 times over the years. They are infinitely better than when we started, but they still could be better.

[Jan 28, 2016]
Bob

OVERALL
Strength:

I just discovered these reviews and I must say from my recent experience that I have had no problems with bolts loosening, The rack does not have any more sway that any other hitch rack and infact, CycleSimplex provides a free anti-sway hitch pin with their 1.25" rack. I find this to be a great quality and cost effective USA made bike rack and they offer a full money-back guarantee. If you want more information go to http://cyclesimplex.com/

I found the instructions to be good but the assembly time is 30 minutes

Good quality and price performance. I would highly recommend

[Jun 01, 2010]
Richard Noddin

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, quality, versatility

Assembly will take 30 minutes

Simplex has been producing bike racks for over 5 years and I am the owner. The are many excellent references on our website as well an independent review by Mountain Bike Riders at http://www.mtnbikeriders.com/2007/10/30/cycle-simplex-tandem-roof-rack-review/. This review discusses the ease of assembly, thoroughness of instructions and ruggedness of construction.

However, we at CycleSimplex believe that for many people "perception is reality". With that in mind we have beefed up the size of our bolts and have made the line of racks even more versatile.

Regarding cost, we are far from expensive and if you do side-by-side comparisons to our competitors, you will find that we are often the least expensive.

[Mar 28, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Customer service was excellent. Manufacture takes dimensions of your bike to choose parts to send.

Poor assembly instructions, hitch did not line up with receiver, too much sway, bolts come loose, hitch does not angle up from receiver making rack ride too low, too expensive

I paid a king's ransom for a rack that has given me nothing but frustration. Bolts work loose and the rack swings around too much. I wouldn't attempt to take this rack cross country or on country roads. Systems that involve wheel wells, and ratchet locking booms are superior in design, easier to assemble, easier to load and unload, and cost less.