1upUSA Aluminum Quik Hitch Bike Rack

The New All-Aluminum Bike Rack/Carrier from 1up USA. The fastest hitch-mounting and bike loading rack ever. Carry 1,2 or 3 bikes. Holds bikes by tires only. Made entirely in the USA!

[Aug 08, 2020]
dfagundes

OVERALL
Strength:

It’s super strong. I have the heavy duty version four bike rack. We have the bikes, so they’re extra heavy but this rack is by far and away the most capable on the market. The value is astounding compared to the competition. I also like that the rack arrived fully assembled

None yet I will update if I come up with some thing.

[Jul 21, 2020]
moonphoenixbrotherbear

OVERALL
Strength:

This is the most excellent piece of equipment, not just bike equipment, I own. Do you have something that is so well made, so beautiful to look at, so perfect in operation that it makes you smile every time you use it? Well that's what this rack is for me. It's engineered perfectly. It's bombproof in construction. I was trying to decide between this and a Kuat rack. I went with this because I thought for the same price point, this thing would last a life-time without having to replace anything on it. After 4 years, I think it's well on it's way. I love the 3 positions of the tray, it makes storing it on the car nice and it makes trunk access possible when the bikes are on. I have had it on the back of a lift-gate suv and a side-open-gate suv and both are accessible with the bikes in the tilted down position. The side-open gate of a Rav4 isn't as accessible as a lift-gate, but it's do-able and that's what mattered to me. I also love the almost zero-wiggle at the hitch when mounted. It's very solid. And the bikes are so easy to put in and out of the trays. It helps me ride more because it's not a hassle. I've driven long distance with 2 bikes on it, 7 hrs, 80mph, no problems, bumpy gravel roads in the country, no problem. Cannot recommend this to anyone enough.

The only tiny weakness is the weight. I am not a muscular guy, and it's a bit heavy for me to move around. Not impossible at all. But my appreciation for it's elegance and durability more than makes up for this.

2015
[Jul 08, 2020]
KristianSmith

OVERALL
Strength:

I purchased the heavy-duty double with the 2" receiver in black. The rack came fully assembled and was straightforward to install on my car. It's very easy to load and unload bikes. I have a Specialized Enduro with 29" wheels and no problem fitting it on there with it's relatively long wheelbase. I've found it easy loading 2 bike and avoiding the handlebar/seat clashing since you can easily pick where each of the bikes sit relatively to each other while they're very secure. The anti-wobble mechanism in the hitch works really well to keep the rack solid. I have a Subaru Forester and the multiple positions on the rack make it convenient whether the bikes are on it or folding it up when not in use. The angled-up position allows me to still open my hatch with good clearance while minimizing the space it takes up. Very happy with this rack and their customer service support is excellent; they really stand behind their product!

The position lever/bar can sometimes be a little finicky to disengage but something just to get used to. It doesn't take much tension to have the bike secured in place, so don't push too hard on the support arms against the tires. I did crank the bikes down too hard and ended up bending slightly one of the support arms. 1up was surprised at this but they immediately sent me a new bar; so the customer service is very good.

630 USD
[Apr 26, 2020]
Wired29

OVERALL
Strength:

This is simply my favorite piece of bike equipment next to my bike. It's well built, easy to use and fairly light to put on and off the vehicle. Real wished I bought one of these years ago thinking back to all the racks I've owned over the years.

None so far other than me not remembering to tighten the lock screw after tilting or un-tilting it.

[Aug 26, 2019]
joco1120

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid construction and beautiful looking rack. Bikes do move a bit more than my Thule T2Pro XT that i replaced with the 1UP, but have yet to go anywhere, or be any kind of an issue. I love the modular system that can easily be changed from the two bike base, to a three, or even four bike carrier with just a couple of bolts and the supplied tamper proof allen wrench. Construction of the rack 4/5*. Other, possibly rare, issues warranted a lower rating.

I purchased, and paid extra, for the black anodized version. It is a beautiful rack, but after two months in the Arizona sun, it had faded to an ugly brown-ish red color. Customer service did take care of the issue, but i had to switch to the less aesthetically pleasing silver model. Return and receipt of my new rack was a huge hassle and took two full weeks, but overall they did stand behind this awesome rack and made it right. Rack construction is great and it looks good, but if you live somewhere where the sun can get pretty harsh, I'd consider skipping the extra cash for the prettier black rack.

$1266.00
2019
[May 29, 2019]
loren2

OVERALL
Strength:

This rack is incredibly well thought out and made. there is NOTHING like it on the market. Before I bought it I called the company and told them I have a fat tire bike, would it work and hold up. Very knowledgeable team...told me all I needed to know to accommodate the tire size (and said they'd install that for me on the rack before shipped, stellar touch)... Plus they advised I go onto you tube and watch reviews. I also did that ...one of the reviewers showed the removal his new rack from the box (also shipped securely!), the assembly and install onto his hitch. I kept that review and ordered the single rack for my Kia Soul. I could not have picked a more sturdy, EASY to place my heavy fat tire bike on rack and secure my fat tires in seconds!!! Received the rack in LESS than a week (I'm in south Florida). I get asked all the time where I got the rack. Also Love the ease of placing rack into my hitch with a special allen wrench, few turns and it's tight and secure! Can't say enough about this bike rack and it's wonderfully engineered features...being light weight is a PLUS. LOVE LOVE my purchase!!!!

ZERO Zero Zero!!

[Feb 20, 2019]
AVroadrider

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought this single carrier a couple of years ago and only used it 4 times. I always put it back in the box while not using it. Never drove with it by itself.. yesterday i used it to transfer my 15 lbs. road bike to the local bike shop and the lip on the 15 degree base plate sheared off, causing the passenger side tray to move from front to rear. Called and emailed 1 up USA and sent them pictures. They claim there was a outside source that had to cause this instead of maybe a chance there was aluminum failure..this was due to 100% failure. They advertise 100 % warranty? They will not warrant there product and they said I can buy a replacement plate for $45. Really? The worst customer service. Also there hitch lock does not work . Velcro? Spend over $300 and then a customer has to fabricate a lock down so the carrier doesn’t end up on the freeway?

Aluminum is nice..but remember it is softer material that can crack and fail...

[Feb 20, 2019]
AVroadrider

Strength:

Aluminum is nice..but remember it is softer material that can crack and fail...

[Jul 21, 2018]
clubmanager

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought this at least 4-5 years ago and it's still like new; totally bombproof and does the job easily and extraordinarily well. Love this thing and for the money, it was an excellent buy. I know they aren't cheap but considering the longevity and my ability to get a lot of my money back out of it should I sell, it was a bargain. I'm now thinking about buying a swing-out hitch they have on their site. Not sure exactly what year I bought it nor the price exactly.

None that I can see.

2012
[Jun 27, 2018]
johnhitt

OVERALL
Strength:

I purchased my One up 2 years ago. Everything that you have read regarding the quality of service, and the functionality of the rack is true. If you are looking for a tray rack then this unit is the benchmark which all other racks should be measured by. Not cheap, not super expensive. The longer you own your rack the less costly it becomes. After 2 years of regular service I can say nothing has malfunctioned. Dead on reliability is what you can expect from this unit.

No complaints or criticism from me.

$ 400
2016

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.