1upUSA Aluminum Quik-Rack Bicycle Hitch Carrier Bike Rack

The New All-Aluminum Bike Rack/Carrier from 1up USA. The fastest hitch-mounting and bike loading rack ever. Carry 1,2 or 3 bikes. Holds bikes by tires only. Made entirely in the USA!

[Jul 21, 2018]
clubmanager

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought this at least 4-5 years ago and it's still like new; totally bombproof and does the job easily and extraordinarily well. Love this thing and for the money, it was an excellent buy. I know they aren't cheap but considering the longevity and my ability to get a lot of my money back out of it should I sell, it was a bargain. I'm now thinking about buying a swing-out hitch they have on their site. Not sure exactly what year I bought it nor the price exactly.

None that I can see.

2012
[Jun 27, 2018]
johnhitt

OVERALL
Strength:

I purchased my One up 2 years ago. Everything that you have read regarding the quality of service, and the functionality of the rack is true. If you are looking for a tray rack then this unit is the benchmark which all other racks should be measured by. Not cheap, not super expensive. The longer you own your rack the less costly it becomes. After 2 years of regular service I can say nothing has malfunctioned. Dead on reliability is what you can expect from this unit.

No complaints or criticism from me.

$ 400
2016
[May 29, 2018]
wp6

OVERALL
Strength:

Great product, great customer service. I ordered it due to having to move cross country (I am military) and my old Yakima roof racks weren't compatible with my new truck. After waiting to the last minute to figure out what rack system to purchase and checking some of the typical competitors out at an outdoor shop, I wasn't really satisfied except w/ one that was priced at around $500 for a 2 bike rack system. While checking out review for it, I came across the 1 Up. Every YouTube post said the same thing-best rack system ever. I called 1 Up to check on shipping options, and they were extremely helpful getting it to me on time with the right shipping option, and military gets a 5% discount by emailing your PDF'd ID to them. When it arrived (on time) it took more time to open the box than it did to get it installed. Receiving it the night before I started my cross country drive, I had no time to test it. I hooked it up, put my road bike and mountain bike in, and drove. I had absolutely no issues with it the entire drive. For a good product, the price matches comparable typical alternatives, and beats them with simplicity and function. I think only cyclists who are 'in the know' know about them-I only saw them in Flagstaff, AZ and then at Snow Summit in Big Bear, CA.

I see some complaints about securing them to your trailer hitch. Obviously, a piece of velcro won't cut it. Pay the couple of bucks for a 3 foot cable to wind thru your trailer hitch around the 1 Up and and secure it with a padlock. Another 3 foot cable can be looped around your bikes and secured with the same padlock. Buy another 2.5 in long padlock to secure over the Allen key screw point that secure the 1 Up in your hitch (recommended in a YouTube video). Regarding dropping the loaded carrier back to access a rear tailgate, it is a bit of a challenge to pull the lever and then push the loaded rack back into place once you close your tailgate, but it is what it is. The rack is incredibly stable when loaded based on the design-check it out on YouTube and you'll understand how.

500$
2018
[May 22, 2018]
HD_Dude

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike rack is one of the best pieces of engineering I have ever purchased. It's built like a tank! I bought the single bike rack in black, and it's beautiful. I ordered it on a Saturday; it arrived 1500 miles away on Tuesday. Nice.I'm using this for my amazing 2008 Kona Stinky. Installation and setup was a breeze - maybe 5-10 minutes. Every piece, from the wheel tray, to the arms that lock down your tires, to the hitch, to the gears that tighten it all down - it's all thick, strong, airline-grade aluminum. Nothing flimsy at all. I also bought the tire locks and hitch lock...perfect. And just as they promised , since I bought all the locks at the same time, they were all keyed alike. Well done. Fact is, I've been using racks made by one of the mainstream rack companies for 35 years. You know, the types every single bike shop and outdoor store sells. I am very loyal, and was always satisfied with my purchases. But now? The 1Up is a game changer. I will always buy their racks from now on. Finally, good to know that if I need to carry more than one bike, I can buy an expansion kit. Awesome!

None at all!

$349
2017
[Jan 10, 2018]
Jon Jones

OVERALL
Strength:

I have not even received my 1upUSA rack yet and I am totally satisfied with the customer service. I asked for some special equipment and they intercepted the package and returned it for modifications. That is the greatest and I can't wait to show it off to my Facebook Group ( 7000+ members) because once they see this they will be wanting it and I hope to send lots of business their way...I will followup with another review once I receive my 1up USA Heavy Duty Bike Rack...American Made..America First.

NONE.....

This is a company that starts off putting the customer first. The actual product has tremendous reviews and helping a customer 1800 miles away is speaks volumes to the staff and organization.

Saris Rack...but I can no longer lift them high in the air for mounting on car or truck....

[Jan 06, 2018]
Paul Barnes

OVERALL
Strength:

Offset tray heights and ability to move bike position left/right ensures no rubbing and no need to adjust saddles/bars. Tilts down to allow hatchback access. Contact on tires only. Extremely secure, bikes are not coming out unexpectedly. Aluminum will not rust. Very solid construction.Easy to add additional trays up to 4 (with the 2 bike base.)

None; it's expensive, but worth it

For years I'd been using an old Saris CycleOn. I had two of them, a 2 bike and a 4 bike version. It was ok for road bikes but terrible for MTB. Carrying more than 2 on the 4 bike rack was always a pain, requiring adjusting saddles/bars, and bikes would often rub. More than once, bikes popped out of rack when hitting bumps. (In fairness to Saris, they no longer make this rack and I've not tried their newer models. The CycleOn simply wasn't designed for MTB.) I recently got a 27+ bike and it would not fit in the Saris, so I finally broke down and sold them both and bought the 1up 2 bike, with plans to add trays in the near future. Best decision ever, don't know why I waited so long. So easy to use, and so secure. I'm no longer staring at the bikes in the rear view and stressing about their safety. The peace of mind and expected many years of usage more than justify the cost of this rack for me.

[Nov 14, 2017]
Collin

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made and designed product! Made in the USA and no plastic at all. Holds bikes very stable.

VERY minor but I have had to adjust the tightness of some pivot bolts to keep the arms moving properly. 1UP's customer service was very responsive.

Really a great bike rack, highly recommend it. I started to give it 4 chilis because it is so darn expensive (500 for 2 bikes) but then I stopped and thought about it from the perspective that there is no reason to think I will ever need another bike rack...it then earned 5 chilis for value too. I damaged the bolt used to tighten it in the receiver (my fault) and went to purchase another one and they sent me one for free...without me asking. You get what you pay for.

[May 15, 2017]
Randy McCollum - Austin, TX

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely well made and the easiest/safest rack I've ever owned or seen. Just outstanding bike rack! I never have to take it off my convertible for car washes, etc.

Can't really think of one.

Could not be more pleased with my new 1UP rack.

[Jan 30, 2017]
alshead
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

It's pretty much awesome all-around, as has been stated in most every review. I have four trays, all with fatbike adapters, and love the simplicity of loading and unloading bikes, no seats/ handlebars knocking into each other, no arms scraping my forks or frame, no extra straps/ ratchets, etc. Just a great piece of functional equipment.

The velcro strap thing is ridiculous and they should have a better solution for that. Also, it seems like there could be a better design for the release lever to raise/ lower the rack. It often releases on one side, but not the other, so you have to pull it just right. Nearly impossible to do with one person and four trays. I'd like to see them come out with a way to extend the lever to the back of the rack when four trays are on. Working on an adapter myself, but it will likely be pretty ghetto :).

Great rack where everything was really well thought out except for these two items (see weaknesses).

Yakima Holdup- had for 6 years. Great rack overall, but had to make many modifications for fat bikes and kids bikes, had a few warranty issues, and the arms started sticking/ not working (they would also rub the fork on fat bikes).

[Oct 13, 2016]
duncanish
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

very strong, well-made, anodized aluminum that won't wear. I have hit unexpected washes in southern Utah at 40 miles an hour jumping my truck with no apparent damage to bike rack or whatever. It's solid it doesn't wiggle in the receiver. I'm very impressed it's also super light weight so everybody in the family can pull the darn thing off if needed

none.

Buy it, all the other stuff is crap in comparison.

lots of its competitors