Chrome Citizen Bags

Best Price At

Chromes buckle messenger bags are built inThe USA withThe most rugged assembly of industrial materials and hardware available. Guaranteed for Life. Weatherproof 1,000 denier Cordura outer shell 18 oz. weatherproofTruckTarp liner sealed with military spec. seam binding Independently suspended weatherproofTruckTarp liner with military spec binding eliminates any seams exposedToThe outside elements Seat-belt buckle releaseThat doubles as a bottle opener Five bar seat belt webbing Nylon 69Thread EVA

[May 14, 2012]
driver bob

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely well built bag, looks to be very tough. Super comfortable and stable when riding, I am using this bag for my daily commute, will hold a 15" laptop in sleeve, full change of clothes, lunch and spares for repairing a flat tire.

I wish it were a little bit bigger. I was torn between the Metropolis and the Citizen. The Metro was going to be too big so I went with the Citizen and it is full every day. A little bit more space and it would be almost perfect.

This bag replaced a 15 year old messenger bag that I bought from Edinburgh Bike Co-Op. That bag went thru hell and back before the strap started failing. Have had Timbuk 2 bags as well but they moved around too much for me.

After reading reviews the Chrome scored very well for stability when loaded, and it does live up to that claim.

[Sep 25, 2011]
Steel Freak

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, functional, good looking, excellent piece of gear

None whatsoever, Not ment for off road use.

The Bag was worth every Penny. It always has a full size U lock, a pistol, Some times a 100 oz Camelback bladder and Some time Gym Clothes. I've crashed hard on it, drop it on the floor and hang it from my toolbox every day at work. I've used in to Commute 5 days a week for 2 straight years. I might buy the Metropolis model in the same colors. Ive run this bag fully loaded with 20lbs of stuff many times without a hitch. Ive actually used this bad as a carry-on (without the pistol of course) on 4 trips.

Camelback.

[Feb 05, 2011]
thelonerider

OVERALL
Strength:

Keeps water out, rides well, holds a good amount of stuff, looks cool

after 3 years hard use the lining is worn cracked in two small spots where the lid folds; the cost is very expensive; hard to find dealers in Jersey (had to go to NYC to get it)

The site asks you to pick a catagory, racer, downhill, weekend warrior. I'm not a racer or downhiller but weekend warrior is hardly accurate, I do go out on weekends but also prefer to use a bike for transport whenever possible. Last winter i didn't use a car to get to work at all. So My gear gets wet, slushy, dirty, sweaty... hardly weekend warrior stuff.

as to the Chrome, it's a durable bag, but pricey. Fits well, bpacks plenty of gear, handles well ont he bike. Long term wear but maybe that's normal? Still keeps my stuff dry and that's all I aks fer. Except less $ at the initial outaly, of course...

Chrome mini metro (smaller version fo same) Chrome ransacker , Timbuk2 med courier bag, Reload courier bag...

[Apr 03, 2009]
razmaru

OVERALL
Strength:

Tough piece of kit, waterproof, gives you street cred, reflective tabs,

depending on how big the bag is it tends to wrap around you if its not really full.

I commute with this bag most of the time and it hasnt let me down yet. Keeps my stuff bone dry, tough stitches that dont unravel and the material is so abrasive resistant that it hasnt shown wear on the rear area that contacts with you back.

It also has a loop like thingy that allows you to clip ur rear riding lights to it to up visibility.

Spacious interior that swallows whatever I need for commuting, work clothes, lunch, toiletries, misc stuff.

Highly recommended!

no brand messenger bag, Nat geo rolltop bag

[Mar 23, 2009]
N3XUS

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, weatherproof, stylish, stays secure while ridding.

No air flow on your back

I have used this bag five days a week for almost a year. Not one single stitch has come lose. Because of the high quality with which it was made I'm giving it a good review.
I would recommend this to someone who commutes to work. Or if you just need something to keep your stuff in while ridding around town. Its designed for urban use, so stick with a Camelbak when you hit the trail.
Also this bag comes with a quick release seat-buckle closure (Its what makes Chrome messenger bags unique) So you have to ask your self, would you like to ride around with a seat-buckle strapped to your chest? (Dude,That's like.... totally subjective.) The buckle has never given me any problems but may not be for everyone.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.