WTB SpeedDisc Dual Duty Wheelset

WTB SpeedDisc Dual Duty Wheelset

Burly freeride and trail riding wheels

• Dual duty 30mm SpeedDisc rims
  • SpeedDisc XC hubset
  • Double butted spokes w/machined brass nipples
  • 32 hole, black

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 12, 2008]
    Ryan

Strength:

good for beginners

not very strong, can't take too many jumps or drops before taco-ing

i wouldn't buy these, they only lasted me about 6 months of relatively light/easy riding. if you like jumps or drops, or even just going fast, i would get something else.

[Jun 11, 2005]
    William

Strength:

Strong, holds true, works with either sort of brakes

none noted

I've only ridden some 6 backcoutry treks, but since there aren't any reviews here... I choose biking for my middle age exercise. The hybrid Trek I started with just wasn't up to the mountain trails I soon gravitated to. What a surprise to pedal the Schwinn bike up a few thousand feet, sail back at a moderate 10 to 20 mph, smack 18 inch deep erosion cuts in the fire road, with brakes on; then not be able to find 1 loose nipple or the slightest trace of misalignment. They look good, solid black that one could just fall into. I've been upgrading the components on my rocket, yet I'm so pleased to just ride and not have to fidget with the spokes at all. The LBS mechanic/racer says not to worry about upgrading the rims, good quality for the moolaa. At 2000 grams they're not light but some rims are heavier. If you're OK with tubed rims, on a budget, and you don't want to be walking an injured bike miles back to the car, these seem to be trustworthy. They survived a 15 mph crash, sub 3 ft jumps/drops, and my awkward mountain descents so I'm keeping 'em.

Something like ?matrix 500's, I beat those into egg shapes, had to true 'em up after every backcountry ride

[Nov 04, 2005]
    DEAN kimmey

Strength:

look nice pretty light

not that strong

great for your everyday riding bu for big drops3 feet and up i sugest stronger wheelssets

mavic with xtr