Wilderness Trails Bikes Paradigm Wheelset

Trails Bikes Paradigm

Wilderness Trails Bikes Paradigm

Forrest Arakawa   Downhiller [Nov 13, 2000]
Strength:

Super beefy for a Cross Country Wheelset. Smooth ride. Stiff.

I really don't have any finesse so wheels are a problem for me especially on a cross country bike. I thought these were going to bend on the first ride but they have held strong for a year now. I take my hartail on all the DH trails around here and pound the Crap out of it. I bought a hardtail so that I would be forced to learn finesse... Really all I do with it is mash down the trail where I would with my DH bike. These wheels have held up to my big ass for almost a year now... I would buy them if you are looking for a light durable set of wheels....

Similar Products Used: Rolf, Sun Ringle and Mavic...
Matt M.   Downhiller [Nov 07, 1999]
Strength:

Very Flashy, Very simple, Very Light, Pretty strong. “grease-guard” hub system provides easy maintenance.

Cost. I’m scared to even ride on em for 750 bucks.

The bottom line is the wheels kick a**. I must convey though, they are really a cross country wheel-set. A cross country wheel-set that is able to stand up to a free-ride stakes a lot fool like myself. The really killer thing is, WTB is one of the best companies to deal with out there. I must admit though, the second ride on my new wheels I popped off a small drop wrong onto the corner of a water brake and slightly dented the back rim in. DON’T think the wheels are weak or bad, I just thrash my bike (and think I know how to take everything). If you’ve got the dough, check a pair of these wheels out. I would full heartily recommend any cross country rider to get them, you will not regret it.

Similar Products Used: I guess my friend has let me ride on his Mavic 517/Chris King wheelset once.
Brian Parker   Cross-Country Rider [Jun 29, 1999]
Strength:

I don't own a true New Paradigm wheelset.I do own a wheelset built with N.P.hubs Powerbeam rims and D.T. spokes that was built for me in late 1994.I bought the hubs as soon as they became available because I wanted something that would last.Wow,have they ever!In 4.5 years they have never been trued or needed it.The drive side of the rear hub has been overhauled 1 (thats right,1)time.I could'nt be happier.At the time my co-workers thought I had made a bad choice but I think I had the last laugh.

I had to send in the front wheel due to a plugged grease port.WTB fixed it under warranty with no questions asked. Turnaround was about 10 days.

Not cheap but,if you live in a wet climate like I do,the satisfaction you get from purging and re-greasing your bearings in 1 minute is huge.Buy these if you've got the dough.Trail on!