Vuelta StarLite Wheelset

• Cassette Body: Shimano
  • Spokes: 4.5mm Stainless
  • Tires: Michelin X Comp

manny carreira   Cross Country Rider [Sep 04, 2007]
Strength:

the best for the price

grate wells

Similar Products Used: mavic
jeff   Cross Country Rider [May 07, 2007]
Strength:

inexpensive, come with 6 bolt adapters, nice break surface, down right sexy (partly due to poorly applied, cheap stickers that promise to depart the rims the first time they see sand or water.

Haven't pulled tires off wheels yet, but something is HEAVY. Hope it's the tires. If not these wheels are waaaay heavier than advertised. Drilled for schrader!!?? W.T.F.!? Not sure my
l.b.s. even carries these anymore.

For the price I can except the hubs, as long as it's not rotational weight. Vuelta is going to embarrass themselves with those stickers, but that doesn't effect me. I guess as long as the tires are super heavy I will give these wheels a thumbs up. I'll get back to you on that.

Similar Products Used: Everything from mavic to sun.
Matt   Cross Country Rider [Oct 19, 2006]
Strength:

Price, looks, easy disc upgrade. Wear indicator on braking surface. Compatible w/ centerlock and ISO 6-bolt.

Hubs. rims drilled for Schrader valves. Did I say HUBS?

Good value for a replacement wheelset. The wheels look pretty 'trick'. Came nearly true from the factory. Wear indicator on braking surface a plus. Mine were centerlock and came with 6-bolt ISO adapters, so disc use is versatile. Advertized weight is competitive for price. Good for XC riders looking for an upgrade to a disc wheelset but don't want to spend lots of cash. Wheels feel pretty solid, but i wouldn't recommend them to folks doing any free-riding, with only 24 spokes.

I was disappointed with the CHEAP, heavy, non-series shimano hubs (M495). They've gotta save $ somewhere, I guess. At least the weight is at the center of the wheel. Also, the rims are drilled for Schrader stems. Tires that come with the wheelset are heavy and not suited for serious off-road use. I'm not confident that the wheels are as light as they say they are, although I haven't weighed them. They are noticably heavier than the specialized stock wheels that they are replacing, which is unfortunate, but I'm poor.

Similar Products Used: Specialized XC rims laced to Deore LX hubs. Nice and light, but no disc compat. and sidewalls were getting real thin.