Vuelta Pro Disc Wheelset

• Bearing: 2x2 precision
  • Pattern: 2 cross / 3 cross
  • Spoke Gauge: 2.8

willworkforbeer   [Dec 17, 2013]
Strength:

Good solid wheels - roll very well

heavy......damn heavy

Had these on my Fantom Ti 29er for a little over a year (~ 1000 miles) with no problems, still true and rolling very smooth. Got a touch of the weight weenie bug and since these were very heavy, (2460 grams for the set - much to my surprise) they had to go. This set can be had for about $250 from Bike Island, but I think if I was buying wheels I would go ahead and spend the extra $$ and get the Stans Arch EX or the Sun Ringle Black Flag - which ever was on sale at the time. The extra dollars spent is well worth the weight savings.

OVERALL
Darrel R.   [Aug 20, 2012]
Strength:

I have owned this set since July 2010. I ride at least every other day, mostly trail. These wheels have not only taken alot of beating, but they even survived a F5 tornado! The hubs have been bullet proof. I am a heavy rider, and do jumps etc. These held up well until this past spring I started getting broken spokes on the rear wheel, and still get them about once every two months. But this after almost 2 years of riding on them!. One of the courses I go to has jumps and alot of tree roots to bounce over, so its no wonder the spokes break.

I would highly recommend these wheels. Im about to upgrade to a full suspension frame and am debating whether to get a Mavic Crossride wheelset, or just keep these and replace some spokes on the back. Id sure hate to switch to something else that might be un-dependable compared to this!

OVERALL