Vuelta MTB All Mountain Wheelset

MTB All Mountain

Vuelta MTB All Mountain Special Features: Front Hub -- quick-change 15mm/20mm through-axle/QR, Rear Hub -- quick-change 12mm bolt/QR, all parts included Handbuilt 26” Alloy All Mountain Wheelset Rims: Welded 32mm-wide 6066 aluminum alloy, anodized eyelets, disc only, 19mm medium-V MTB Spokes: 2.0 stainless steel spokes w/brass nipples, 3X front/rear Hubs: Lightweight 6-bolt disc-compatible design w/Japanese-made EZO cartridge bearings (2Fx4R), 32H front/36H rear.

Tim Goller   All Mountain Rider [Jun 17, 2012]
Strength:

strong, UST, Great fit and finish, came with 2 sets of axles, all accessories are very nice

I have had these wheels for over a year. I have ridden the goat trail, hills and creeks of northern Iraq, and they are still true. Even after going through fields of softball size rocks to get from one road to the other. I am not totally concerned about weight, so I didn't weight them with my fish scale. I am an avid rider, riding 3-4 times a week, (except in summer when it's over 120 degrees). I can say I have put these through the test. Would buy them again in a heart beat if necessary. I bought them online way less than MSRP.

OVERALL
acn2939   All Mountain Rider [Apr 04, 2012]
Strength:

Look good, strong. Come with adapters for QR and thru axles.

Much heavier than advertised

I have purchased this wheelset on ebay as "new other" for less than half MSRP. I mainly bought it to get something lighter than I have now but was very disappointed when I found out that the front wheel weighs 1097g instead of advertised 837g and the rear wheel weighs 1328g instead of advertised 1065g. Wheels were weighted with QR adapters but without skewers and I used two digital scales calibrated with certified weights. I wrote to the manufacturer and their reply was: "...the difference is mainly due to variances of rim weight due to wear of the rim extrusion during manufacture. Rim weight could be kept low and more consistent with more frequent replacement of rim tooling - but this would increase the cost of the wheels". Wow. My great grandfather blacksmith could produce wagon wheels more consistently, we are talking almost 30% variance!! So far I have ridden on them only a few times and they work fine, but time will tell. I actually believe they will take all the punishment I can throw on them given how "really beefy" they are. They would be worth the MSRP if their weight was as advertised.