Vuelta Comp Disc Wheelset

• Bearing: sealed cage bearing
  • Drilling: 28f/32r
  • Pattern: 2 cross / 3 cross

Datsrboi   Cross Country Rider [Nov 15, 2012]
Strength:

Priced below what they are worth, two years solid, looks good, holds true, took a beating and still straight. Almost bullet proof.

Heavy

I brought these wheels two years ago because I got tired of my bontrager wheels being too weak. I am between an xc and all mountain rider. I ride 2-5 times a week and do regular 2-3 foot jump drops with a few 5-20 foot near vertical drops. I have fallen off cliffs and ran into ditches and trees with these wheels. I only spray down my bike after use and that is all. No check up nor tune up and after two years my wheel have remain straight and true without a lip bend nor bearing failure. I am not hardcore like many riders but for what I do these wheels have held up. I have friends with bontrager rxl and Chris kings who has bent their wheels before and their wheels are 4-5 times the price. I am able to ride long rides and not feel worn out and I hit roots and drops with confident. The wheel hubs do not spin like butter like those very high dollar wheels but they spin well enough for 14 mile trail rides I do. They are a tad heavy in the 2200 grams but man up! You can find a set of these wheels on eBay for under 140 and it spend the money you save on good tires. I just got a set of expensive Easton wheels and already feel unconfident how easily I might be able to bend these wheel.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager , chrisking, specialized, wtb , xt
caid   Cross Country Rider [Jul 30, 2011]
Strength:

strong, fast, light(ish), look cool with any bike or tire, good for XC and light dirt jumping, then you can ride home 20 miles and not be totally worn down!

hub

they work great. my budget build blackcomb was a heavy huck machine used not for its intended purpose and the rims where the first to go. the vueltas have taken drops, black diamonds, 10 stairs, launches, abuse, more than the rims where designed for, and then one day i was going 62 mph with my slicks on and my rear hub locked up!!!!! i got into a skid and headed for some grass. so now i just have to rebuild that hub and use my terra max rims for a while. lol

Similar Products Used: ta19s, sunrims rhyno lite, terra max, old ass voodoo's
jbx tacos   Cross Country Rider [Nov 17, 2009]
Strength:

very durable and stiff, bladed spokes look cool, disc and rim brake capable, inexpensive

heavy, replacement spokes

These are some of the best wheels I have used. I run them with xtr v-brakes and they stop great. These are super durable. I haven't had to true them a singe time since I got them and I beat the crap out of them. The rims don't have eyelets but are still strong and stiff. The only downside is the tremendous weight. I have another set of lighter wheels for races but these are great for a beater set that you don't have to worry about failing.