Velocity Blunt 29er Wheelset

Roll ‘em if you got ‘em! The brand new BLUNT wheel set uses our new 29er rim. At 28mm wide the BLUNT is designed to give you the control and confidence you need to get through the toughest of trails. They are able to handle the widest 29er tires available, yet are remarkably light for a rim of this width. When you are burning down the trail, these rims will handle the way a world class set of 29er wheels should. Laced three cross to sealed bearing Velocity ATB disc hubs with double butted spokes and brass nipples. Single speed disc hubs are also available. Enjoy the ride!

Weight Front – 954g Rear – 1178g

The Yadman   All Mountain Rider [Oct 13, 2015]
Strength:

Rolled when when they are trued

Cannot take a beating at all. I have 3 sets of these (orange, white, powdercoat silver). All 3 rear wheels have horribly disappointing weakness. Spokes have torn through the rim coming unlaced on one. Other rims bent easy under pressure with alloy rim tears at the spoke inserts. . I'm 5'11 and 185 riding a 142x12 set up. I ride hard but no harder than any one else. It's a mountain bike rim for goodness sake!

Some people have had luck. I have gone through 3 sets in Colorado on rocky and smooth terrain. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. My WTB's haven't had a problem yet.

Similar Products Used: WTB, Specialized Roval, Stans Olympic, Stans Arch
stever2   Cross Country Rider [Apr 10, 2011]
Strength:

Smooth,effortless, rolling over any terrain and surface.
This is what a Great HT MTB should feel like !! I'm spoiled now and will not settle for less. (Btw...I'm not a racer...just love to ride CC year 'round when the trails are in ridable shape ! This is a winning combo...just like it takes a TEAM to win a World Series...this combo could win a MTB world series of quality !!

None noted at this point.

The very best MTB ride that I have experienced on any HT. It actually rival's the demo last Autumn that I had on a Titus FS Rockstar on a fairly rooty and rocky CC course. Unbelieveably smooth...almost effortless. Best cornering that I have experinced.
Giving serious thought to getting another custom set for my 2011 Paragon as well....(same spec,etc,etc)
(Hey....I'm working those tough overnight shifts....gotta have a reward ! Right dudes !! :-)

Similar Products Used: These are by far the Best MTB 29'r hubs and wheels that I have owned.
jetrenkel   Weekend Warrior [Feb 22, 2009]
Strength:

Easy to build, superb to ride, hardcore indestructibility

Are you one of those wussies who weighs something before you can decide if its a good product or not? They are light enough. Give up on on the weight weenie thing. You aren't racing in the tour.

Sweet rims. At 6'5", 220lbs and on a SS I'm ideal for destroying week stuff, but these have held. Minimal truing needed. I have the utmost faith in velocity products from road to mountain and will continue buying from them well into the future.

Similar Products Used: Stans, Mavic
Westjw2   Cross Country Rider [Sep 03, 2008]
Strength:

Durability

.....none I have seen

Although I have not ridden lots of mountain rims I think these are a great choice for a 29er rim. They have stood up to my 230lbs with minimal truing needed.

Similar Products Used: nothing as nice as this
Jeremy Gwin   Racer [May 09, 2008]

Strength

Weight

Good wheels, can take the knocks of daily XC riding. I replaced my stock wheels with this set (see the other review) and I am plaesed right off the bat. THey arent as light as my racing wheel set but they are a lot tougher than the WTB's that came with my bike. THey hold the tires well and can take quite the pounding. I will buy Velcity products in the future