Transition Bikes Revolution Wheelset

• 26" front and rear wheels
  • Sealed Cartridge Bearings
  • Alloy 6061 rim with eyelets

Arion Surber   [Feb 19, 2015]
Strength:

great wheels, they feel industructable. really stiff wheels, i do downhill and freeride on my strike dh and i have cased it a couple times and ive even landed a 360 wrong and have never needed to true them.

spokes do tend to go loose sometimes on them for some reason and my hubs have needed constant rebuilds. other than that theyre great.

great wheels, id definitely buy them over any other downhill wheels. you really need to spend big money on any other dh wheels if you want to match durability or performance probably around 700+ dollars so yeah i love them just be sure to check your spokes every now and then and thats it.

sean   All Mountain Rider [Aug 29, 2012]
Strength:

Extremely strong and dependable for an excellent price!

A bit on the heavy side.

These wheels came stock on my 2011 Bottlerocket which has been regularly punished this season in just about every environment. I've ridden the bike everywhere in Colorado from Free Lunch in GJ to DH in Winter Park and trails all over the front range. XC to slopestyle, DJ to DH. I'm a heavier rider at 190lbs and these wheels have been super dependable, I've only had to true the back one once. If you're looking for a no frills dependable wheel at a great price I would suggest these, sure they're not the flashiest but they're a bomb proof solution if you like to set it and forget it.

Transition is a terrific bunch of guys that are passionate about riding and it shows in their products, design and willingness to work with customers.

Similar Products Used: DT Swiss, Mavic
vitale232   [Jul 18, 2012]
Strength:

Good price, reliable, rebuildable

Rear hub failed (easily warrantied), heavy (but it makes you stronger!)

I've been riding these wheels since 2008. Lots of miles, lots of abuse, and they've held up. Over the course of 4 years of hard riding, any wheelset will have some issues. There were broken spokes, loose tension and the like, but all easily fixed. Most issues were with the rear. The front never needed touched until about a month ago - which is ridiculous!

The hub issue came pretty early on in 2009 (I think). I took it into the shop because it kept working itself loose. I can't remember what the specific problem was, but within 2 weeks or so I had a brand new rear hub. The hub I sent away was a QR, and they sent me back a 10mm thru! Upgraaaaade.

Anyways, awesome set of wheels. They'll hold up. They're priced right. They look cool. Just get them.

T_Bone22581   Weekend Warrior [Apr 27, 2011]
Strength:

This wheel is extremely solid and reliable. My friend bought a set a year ago and they have held up so much better than my Mavic 317's, So I bought a set too.

None that I am aware of.

These wheels when compared by weight and durability deliver big time in comparison with other big name brands.

Similar Products Used: Mavic 317
alex55   Downhiller [Oct 18, 2010]
Strength:

Incredibly strong and durable. Good build. Quality hubs. Strong Rim.

The white doesnt stay clean long. Not really a weakness of the wheel though.

These wheels are awesome. I've been riding these for the last three months. The trails near rapid city are pretty rocky with plenty of jumps and drops. I've cased my fair share of jumps and these wheels are holding up. After 3 months of abuse, I haven't had to true them once nor have I had to tension any spokes at all. These wheels have been awesome out of the box.

Similar Products Used: Sun Single Track
trainboy17   Downhiller [Oct 06, 2010]
Strength:

Look badass

A tad heavy, and the bent. I got tripped up in showshoe, and went over the bars. sure enough the damn back wheel bent.

I was really disappointed cause I now these rims are supposed to be super strong. I didnt think a basic fall on a tech section woud bent it.....but it happened. The wheel has since been trued out as best as possible. I would probably buy another, different wheelset.

Penny   Cross Country Rider [Sep 17, 2010]
Strength:

Cheap, look good, front wheel has held up

Narrow, heavy, rear wheel quality is suspect

This is an okay wheelset if you are on a budget. Kind of heavy for riding lots of miles. It looks good, but my rear wheel started breaking spokes after 1000 miles. One broke, got it fixed. Then another. Got it fixed. Then another. Finally, I gave up on it and had a new wheel built with the Transition hub. The hub is still in fine shape, but the spokes and rim were toast. FYI, I weigh 145lbs.

pbbreath   Weekend Warrior [May 27, 2010]
Strength:

Laterally SUPER Stiff.

Um....

Bought these on a whim because they were cheap, local and matched my bike PERFECTLY. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/pbbreath/IMG_3177.jpg

Almost too wide for some 2.2 rear tires that I run around here doing XC/AM stuff. Perfect for my Big 2.35-2.5 DH Tires.

Very stiff laterally. Azonics I was running before were nice and stiff but these have them beat hands down.

Sexy wheels. Well built from the factory. Nice spoke tension for a pre-built wheel.

Similar Products Used: Azonic Outlaws
kmurphy   Downhiller [Oct 16, 2009]
Strength:

Price is cheap

Weight is in the 2700 realm for a set of 36's

I bought the bike with the revolution 36 wheelset on it hardly used. They served me well for about half a season and now i've got a big flat spot in the back wheel. I thought they would be indestructible with the 36mm rim and a 36 spoke count. Turns out they are not, but i can't rate them low because it's still super cheap and what do you expect for a wheelset at this price. I'd buy these again if i was in a pinch in the middle of a bike trip, but i'll be spending more on my next wheelset as i need a higher strength rim to take some abusing.

jbacaster   Weekend Warrior [Jul 08, 2009]
Strength:

don't know yet...

Wheels shipped with a bad rear hub. Transitions suggestion is that I take apart the hub to see whats wrong. I don't have the tools for this so I can spend more money or try dealing with them again. I think it a minor issue but the fit and finish on this wheel reflect their price, i.e, cheep. I guess you get what you pay for and then some.

The bottom line is that I got a bad wheel set direct form transition and there response to this has been, for me to try to fix their problem. I should have done as everyone I know suggested and got a set of azonic outlaws and you should do the same. It sucks to have a useless bike in the middle of summer.