Sun-Ringle DISC O FLEA 26ER Wheelset

DISC O FLEA 26ER

USE: CROSS COUNTRY/ DISC
FRONT HUB: 28 HOLE SUNRINGLÉ DIRTY FLEA (BLACK)
REAR HUB: 32 HOLE SUNRINGLÉ DIRTY FLEA (BLACK)
RIM: DS1 (26”) WIDTH: 23.5mm
SPOKES: DT SUPERCOMP (2.0/ 1.7/ 1.8) BLACK DOUBLE BUTTED
NIPPLES: ALLOY
LACING: 3 CROSS (FR/ RR)
WEIGHT: 26”: 757g (FR), 885g (RR)

Bikerdust   Cross Country Rider [Oct 04, 2010]
Strength:

Quick engagement, freehub sound, smooth rolling

Decals, weight

I'm still new with this wheels but for the past month of using it I already feel the difference as it rolls smoothly than the wheel that I used before and just perfect for XC/Trail rides. Price is great on its category.

Similar Products Used: Shimano wheelset
Marjo   Cross Country Rider [Aug 20, 2009]
Strength:

Light and nice looking

Hubs are unreliable

I had a lot of problems with the rear hub. First one of the cups broke and than the cog mount. I decided not to rapare the hub. I bought a new shimano hub (it was the ony one available right away) and mount it.

I dont recomand it beacouse of the hubs. Like beter Mavic or DT Swis...

Similar Products Used: Mavic crosride or crosfire
rmous   Cross Country Rider [May 17, 2009]
Strength:

Price/quality, weight of rims, sound of freehub

Bearings

These are truly nice wheels at a decent weight (1650g, rims 400g) considering the price. Never had to true them since I purchased them. They run fine with notubes rimstrip and any Schwalbe tire.

I was a bit unhappy with the fact that I had to replace the bearings of the front hub within 8 months after purchase (the bearings of my Hope hubs still run smoothly after >5y after purchase!), but I guess that should be considered normal with industrial bearing wheels (I guess I´m a bit spoiled with the performance of the Hope bearings).

I will replace these wheels soon with a Notubes ZTR race/AC wheelset to reduce weight during the races, but will keep this wheelset as a spare, because I think they are damn good!

Similar Products Used: Custom-made wheels with Hope or Shimano hubs on mavic rims
SlowPoke2320   Racer [Feb 25, 2009]
Strength:

Weight, price. looks.

Hub Bearings.

The first VERY wet ride I rode these wheels, the hubs completely froze (literally would not turn at all) afterwards. On a snow ride a few months later, they're not totally frozen, but very rough. The bearings in these wheels are crap. Otherwise I really like the wheels, just need to replace the bearings.

Similar Products Used: Shimano hubs, etc.
Romano V   Cross Country Rider [Mar 26, 2008]
Strength:

Light, strong and reasonably priced

No skewers & not tubless

These are good wheels, install them and just go ride. No problems to report, stiff & light, taken a few drops with no problems, I weight about 190 pounds with gear. I recommend these, or save up and buy Mavics for twice the price.