Stans NoTubes ZTR Race Gold 29er Wheelset

ZTR Race Gold 29er

Race to your potential with Stan's 29er Race Gold wheelset. The unquestioned leader of the lightweight racing category features durable 320 gram rims laced with Stan's 3.30 Ti hubs to maximize lateral stiffness.

Tom   Cross Country Rider [Nov 14, 2013]
Strength:

Light, Responsive, Easy to mount tubeless, Light,

Aluminum freehub body damages easily with cassette wear, rim dents easily

These are great wheels for the money and weight. At 1395grams(actual weight with stems and tape) they are more durable than I expected. I have two years and about 4700 miles total offroad on these wheels, including some 100+ mile ultra-endurance races. I am now sending them back to Stan's for relacing with new spokes and rims for $100 each. Not tooo bad if you ask me. I weigh about 150lbs and ride smooth but not nice to my wheels by any stretch of the imagination. Rear rim has a dent in the bead seat but still holds a tire tubeless no problem. Front wheel broke a spoke and can't keep it true anymore due to tension being compromised. Not bad for $950 retail. Would be nice if they had a more durable cassette body since single cogs dig into the aluminum badly. Bearings held up great and no problems there at all. If I can get two more years after the rebuild I will be more than happy.

Similar Products Used: Had lots of wheels over the years. Nothing tubeless specific. Wheels from Mavic, Bontrager, Easton, Specialized. Been on rims converted by Stan's Kits since 2004.
OVERALL