Stans NoTubes ZTR Race 29er AC Wheelset

• Front hub: American Classic Disc 130
  • Rear hub: American Classic Disc 225
  • Lacing: 2 cross front, 2-1 cross rear

Theo Sworks   Racer [Nov 12, 2010]
Strength:

Light Weight Wheel Set
ZTR Rim is exceptional and allows easy mounting of Tubeless ready tires without a tool

Rear Wheel was a mess after 2 hours. Made horrific noise and continued even after spoke tension calibration, etc.

Stan's Customer Service was Horrific.
They stated this: Well, the wheel checks out but we suggest lubricating the spokes where they contact and overlap, that may be the source of the noise. Your Kidding Right? After a $950 wheel set that's what you come up with!

Just said the H@#$ with you Knuckleheads at Stan's and lined up my Best Friend who owns the best LBS in So Cal with the real Wheel Builders in Asheville, NC.....You know who I'm talking about!!

Similar Products Used: None
OVERALL
BP302   Racer [Sep 18, 2010]
Strength:

Lightweight, smooth hubs, tubeless.

Rider 170 lb weight limit.

Fantastic wheelset for the weight weenie at 1,370 graims per set. I compete in the WORS XC race series in Wisconsin and these wheels have been very reliable. I'm 6'1", 170 lbs and I am at the weight limitation claimed for this wheelset. I run about 19 psi in my Kenda Karma tires and have gone through a couple of pretty hairy rock gardens. The rims are still very true after a full season of use. A couple of spokes in the front wheel are starting to get a little loose and will need retensioned after my season is over in 3 more races. Also, the front rim is very slightly deformed in some areas that sustained a hard impact. Not bad since they have taken a few good hits within the 11 races they've seen. The Kendas mount up easy and seal great with Stans sealant. I rarely burp the front tire. The AC hubs have been perfect. I would definately purchase again!