Stans NoTubes ZTR Arch Wheelset

• Quick release skewers
  • Stainless steel cartridge bearings
  • Spin very free

Ascary   Cross Country Rider [Oct 17, 2012]
Strength:

Light, tubeless, ease of setting up.

Spoke Strength

I got the newer arch EX wheelset, it rolls fast and feels stable and strong. Rated at 230lbs, I weigh 200 - 205 and managed to snap a spoke at the hub while riding on road. Has a great freewheel sound...very crisp, but after the spoke got fixed the rear wheel has been creaking nonstop. Rather disappointed. Tires go on easily with no tools. Seals quickly and bead really holds on even at lower pressures. Wheels feel lighter than actual weight, and spin very freely!

Similar Products Used: Dt Swiss 1800
jrogs   [Sep 21, 2012]
Strength:

Very good price, quality tubeless,strong, light, don't leak.

Could have better looking stickers

For the price these rims are really durable I am super happy with them. They are light with the rotational weight.

Straz85   Cross Country Rider [Jan 17, 2012]
Strength:

First, I'd like to point out, these are no longer $445 MSRP, they have gone up to $535. They are on par with a much more expensive wheelset though. They weighed in at 1600g on my scale (without skewers), very well built and plenty stiff for me (175lbs without gear) and strong. I ride in the northeast where there's rocks and roots everywhere and these wheels have handled the terrain without a problem. I also love that you can convert the 3.30 hub between 9mm, 15mm and 20mm. I have a fork with a 9mm dropout right now, but plan on getting a 15mm in the near future and this gives me the options to switch without buying a new wheelsset.

Not the prettiest wheels in the world.

For the price, I think these wheels are unbeatable.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager Duster, Mavic Crossride
crazyjeys   Weekend Warrior [Jul 08, 2011]
Strength:

great set of rims. strong and light. tubeless compatible. easy to bed in tires.

would be better if it was a tad wider. but you can always get the flows.

great set of rim. strong and light. got the flows for my AM bike but i like the archs for my trail bike. you'll never go wrong with the notubes products.

Similar Products Used: mavic 819, stans flow
Ed   Weekend Warrior [Mar 31, 2011]
Strength:

No flats!! After years of battling flats, I now have been nearly flat free for a year.
Strong rims - I'm 220 lb and ride fairly technical trails and only had to true the rims once.
Much lighter than running with tubes.

The hub froze once, but Stans took care of it

These are the best upgrade I ever made to my bike. These rims take a beating and the weight difference makes such a difference in my riding.