Spinergy Wheels Wheelset

Spinergy Wheels Wheelset

Spinergy Rev-X-Rox Wheels

[Apr 22, 2007]
Rl9010

Strength:

Light Weight
Looks...I mean COME ON!
speed
sound...hums on the road

May not be for heavier riders
Breaking sticks on rides is worrysome...then later amusing.
Not available anymore

Awesome Wheelset For Lightweight Riders...
I am 135 pounds and these wheels are a blast! True since the day I got them in 97. I like to jump a lot and the wheels hold up. Never have to worry about pinchflats.
Becareful changing tires though, the spokes can be sharp. I have logged many thousands of miles on and off trail, absolutly the best I have tried... I proabbly won't have to buy another wheelset.

stock wire wheels trek stage 3

[Jan 24, 2004]
Adam ODonnell

Strength:

Sturdy Rim

Aweful Hubs, Zero Customer Service, A total waste of your $$$

This review is for the Spinergy Fall line FR Wheels.

These wheels are the biggest piece of junk I've ever used. Spinergy advertises these to wheels work with Shimano 8 & 9 speed clusters. This is only half tru. The don't work with the new XT or XTR clusters. XTR doesn't even fit on the hub, & my new style XT cluster actually cuts into the hub. Since the cluster continues to move forward while I coast, I have a silly amount of slack chain, and a good 1/2 to full revolution prior to the rear wheel engaging again. This doesn't even address the questionable integrity of the hub now that it's been cut into by the cluser. ARRGGHH!!

I called Spinergy to share this issue with them, and spoke with Ermillo who told me this was a "compatability issue", and they would not replace my wheel, nor do anything else for me. I had to beg for a hub, and was told he had to check with the big boss, and would get back to me the next day. After no return call as promised, I had to call back only to find out this guy was out of the office for a week. What a pain in the butt!

The only good thing I can say is the the wheel is strong, and I've never had to true it. I ride agressive cross country, and try to get air at every opportunity. I weigh 195lbs. Bummer is the hub is junk, and the company is a vacume of customer service

Supergo is my only saving Grace. They have agreed to allow me to return these wheels & trade up to Crossmax XL disc (paying the difference of course). The customer service at Supergo is excellent, and I will always purchase my equipment from them (and my local shop). They don't carry this wheel any longer, so you can draw your own conclusions.

If you're thinking of ANY Spinergy product...DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS JUNK! These people do not stand by their products. At $650 with tax & shipping, you're paying about $625 too much. I have never been so disapointed with any mountain bike component I've owned...ever!!

Ryno Lights, Bontrager Race lights, Sub fours

[Nov 12, 1998]
Bruce
weekend warrior

Just a quick redirect to the guy who said he had great luck with Spinergy warranty support. He's in the U.S.... Spinergy is handled in Canada by Bell Sports, and Spinergy U.S. told me specifically I would have to deal with them on warranty claims, legit or otherwise. I stand by my original advice: If you live in the U.S., you're going to love your Spinergys. If you live in Canada, god help you if anything goes wrong.

[Jan 06, 2000]
joe ma

Strength:

rev-x for mtb with disk brake mount, good looking,little bit faster on road

no original mount adapter for disk brake, need custom make , wheel for mtb but when i first ride offroad the the front wheel broken , no guarantee or replace broken wheel if u not buy from dealer(who know that ?)cause me nearly half price to get back the replace wheel , rivet get loose because of using disk brake , send photo to spinergy but they said it ok , if want to replace need paid

after the accident i use spin now, if the spin broken only replace the rim is ok, the hub can keep and cause me less money, it look stronger then spinergy. the spinergy service not very good , i can't get a low price for replacement of broken wheel, after i read some report i found this wheel have many problem and many people get hurt , now i only use this wheel on road and use it very careful , last time i am not serious hurt but next time manybe not that lucky , the design have problem so when apply force to disk brake , the rivet at rotor side get shift(i use it on road 99%)next time i will not buy

spin

[Mar 19, 1998]
craig belle

just bought a pair and they broke after 5 rides customer serves sucks. they wanted to charge me full pop!!! these wheels are not stroooong as they advertise. rec. just buy a good set of spoked wheels at least they can be rebuilt cheaply and trued. ps wheels are very flexy

[Jul 26, 1997]
Rusty
racer

I have gone through 5 wheels in less than a year! The uneven braking is NOT caused by poor brake adjustment. The problem is caused by the hub braking away from the wheel. I was in a jam and needed a wheel fast, so I called Scott, the service manager @ Spinergy and worked a deal. I gave him my credit card number to hold while he shipped me a new wheel. I was to ship my wheel back for the to look at. Scott said he would not charge my credit card until after they looked at my wheel. A couple of days later I called Citibank to find out they did charge me. They have since said it would be covered under warranty. That was on May 29, 1997. I have still not received a credit. Thanks Spinergy, I really need more intrest charges. You can check out my story @ www.linkline.com/personal/rusty, click on the Spinergy button.

[Jan 15, 2000]
Skeeter Shumate

Strength:

Strong, versitile, aero-dynamic, fast and they look good.

Fell out of tru ever so slightly in the 1st couple rides. Not very good with Nebraska cross winds.

If image is paramount then this wheel set is a must. This set is the 2nd generation (2nd year on the market) and are still in excellent shape. They will be retired soon and replace with another set. Sorry dura-ace, sorry rolf, spins (whatever).

Spins, Rolf

[Aug 06, 1999]
Sammy Tan
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

No Truning Problem. Sexy blade and aero dynamic.

The constance fear it might snap from all those stories we keep hearing but never verified.

I have seen this wheelset in the days when it was first sold in Singapore. Been thinkning f getting it for sometime.By the time I decided to change my wheel as the one I owned were old and had to be 'retired'. I was deciding on what wheelset to get, It was a coice of either going with CrossMax and Chris king Hubs or the Spinergy Rok or SPOX. Finally decided to go with,.... you guess it, Spinergy...it has to do with looks, 50% of my decision making :) Okay I am a sucker for nice looking design...hell..I am an art director by training ..so sue me!!! But I have also known it to be quite strong as I have never heard any complain from anyone I know that owns a pair...okay ..maybe the compain were about the weight compare to a spoke wheelset like CrossMax but hey...I am no weight weenie...I like my hardtail below 22 pound but I am not going to break the bank just to get down to sub 20..I could but does it really matter..I am 1.8m tall...I have seen fat asses riding light bike and still want to get a lighter bike or component, In my mind, if he lost more fats, that would be the best component he could get! Sorry no offense but someone had to tell it like it is with fat weight weenie geeks.Anyway...even after deciding to go for the 98/99 spinergy extra light ( with the yellow spikes stickers)...I held back....keep going to the shop to look at it and at the last moment chicken out.This went on for a few months!!! All becos I started reading reviews on the internet about how folks using this wheelset has major accidents on it. I am now begining to question if they hold any real truth or did they like some foolhardy smucks who use the bike for extreme stunts to impress people. Anyway I decide to throw caution to the wind and got them...the fear from the reading was still there but as the months pass....I begun to stop thinking about it and just ride....No problem, used it off road and on the road and did some bunny hop on it off road to avoid some log and potholes and it still holds up!!...Now maybe, Spinergy had some faulty one that accidently pass quality control.Causing some folks to have their wheelset break under them ..my sympathy goes out to you but to those who are lying your hinnie off because you screwed-up and just need to tell a lie to get a new wheelset under warranty because you abused your wheelset..all I can say is..Liar liar saddle on fire!. I love my wheelset, They have discontinued this wheelset and even if they did carry on making it, I may not buy them as my taste and passion for component changes. At least in my memory, those sexy looking wheelset perform as good as it looks! At least for me.5 Chillis to GO!!!!!

517 SUP Wheelset with XT hubs, Spin,

[May 17, 1998]
aloysius carlay
cross-country rider

I put Spinergys on my Klein Mantra Comp and they make a hell of a difference in my ride. I weigh 140lbs and for me these wheels are stiff and stable -- the ride is incredible! And I fly! I recommend this wheelset to anyone who wants to improve their ride. These wheels are worth it.

[May 18, 1998]
John
cross-country rider

I don't know what happened when the people below called Spinergy's warranty department, but I dealt with them last week and they could not have been nicer. The rim on my 96 rev-x-roks started to separate from the wheel. I called Spinergy about this and the warranty manager told me to bring the wheels into their office (its in CT about 40 minutes from my house). I brought the wheels in and he took one look at them and said i'll be right back. About 10 minutes later he came out with a brand new set of 98 wheels which he had even mounted my tires on. He even gave me new spoke protectors and a magnet no charge at all, and he could not have been nicer about doing it. I know some people expect to run over their wheels with their car and have the company replace them for free, but if you have a legit claim I don't think you will ever have a problem with Spinergy.