Spinergy Rev-X-Roks Wheelset

Spinergy Rev-X-Roks X-tra Stiff MTB Front Wheel is the wheel that made Spinergy famous. It is composed four pre-stressed carbon spokes. Optimized for High Impact Stress, the carbon fiber is then bonded to an alloy braking rim surface. This design signific

taa-daa   Cross Country Rider [Mar 04, 2010]
Strength:

looks are killer

product support,heavier than spoked wheels

15 yrs & still good! The trails here not very forgiving & I wonder why there so many others with problems. I worked @ Trek as warranty coordinator when it a cool thing to admit, & I have seen my share of potatoe-chipped wheels, so spoked wheels have their share of limits to their strength also. 5 stars to their coolness factor.

Similar Products Used: spoked wheels
sammo gaver   Racer [Dec 10, 2001]
Strength:

i dont know why some of these people here are saying theyre ridged if you compress your shock you can see the sausage slicers flex before you eyes. which is great for the extra shock response

weak product yes ive had my front wheel for yes six years but gave up on the rear after spending all my paychecks replacing it.

visually a piece of art functionally a piece of sh$te. the rear broke twice both replaced for $$$$ first after the first ride second a little longer. it makes a cool sound when it rolls it makes me feel faster. even though their heavier than most wheels now. dont try picking leaves out of your revs while on the trail. you may have no fingers to pull the brake levers. the front wheel has served me well the back get a cane creek

Similar Products Used: wings that fall off on airplanes
Eric P   Cross Country Rider [Oct 03, 2001]
Strength:

Solid wheel, good looks, never goes out of true

Design is such that once it breaks at all, it's unrepairable

These wheels really do kick ass. As to all of you out there complaining about them, sorry. I've had mine since 1995. Almost 6 years now. I started working for Spinergy when I was 15. I moved a couple years later, but not after getting hooked up with a set. I can't speak for the company now, but they were a small, very chill, group of people back then. These wheels will hold up if you love em. I used to unpack all sorts of broken wheels back when I worked for them, but that happens with anything. If you put a Spinergy on it's side on the ground and jump on it by the spoke, the hub just pops right off, with a little ring of carbon fiber attached to it! Tinker Juarez and Libor Karas used to ride Spinergys. These wheels are bombproof, it's sad to see them discontinued. SPIN wheels were crap, but Spinergy's kicked ass. Their valve extenders are ridiculously priced @ 15.00. I used to put all the accessories in packages, X-beams, magnets, valex, x-wax, all that stuff. By the way, "X-wax" is Black Magic car care product rebottled for a 500% mark up. There, that's off my chest. THESE WHEELS KICK ASS, AND WHEN THEY BREAK, I'LL ACCEPT THE FACT, BE HAPPY, AND HANG THEM ON THE WALL. SPINERGY IS GOOOOD!

michael shannon   Cross Country Rider [Jul 07, 2001]
Strength:

they look awesome,there strong, and i picked them up for omly 150 bucks

none so far

there awesome wheels and i would reccomend them to anyone.
tip: if you want to make them look shiny and brand new juct clean off all the dirt an rub some stuff called zep 45 on them its a lubricant with teflon. you can probably find it at any car store like pep boys.

Similar Products Used: zac 19
Mike   Downhiller [Dec 31, 1999]

The carbon lamination chips-off when hit by rocks.
Never get aligned when mis-aligned.

NEVER OFF-ROAD THIS WHEELS OR ELSE.

Jack   Downhiller [Apr 13, 2001]
Strength:

Awesome LOOKS, VERY Strong...all of you that broke them, don't deserve to have these babies - I race downhill, have had these wheels for 3 years, and not one problem, I have made huge jumps, hit major bumps, stumps, and rocks, and these wheels stay true longer than any other rim! Aerodynamics, and strength!

None, except the SPINERGY sticker peels off (I got new ones for 5 bucks)

Don't listen to the pu--ies that don't know anything about biking (i.e. "Weekend Warriors") that can't even ride a huffy without messing it up! These are the best rims that I have ever riden on, and I have tried them all!!!! IT'S MY JOB TO. Well worth the money!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Mavic, Rolf Propel, Cane Creek, Bontrager.
Sean Ganser   [Oct 12, 2000]
Strength:

Nice Flex, SUPER light weight, perfectly true rim all the time.

These are amazing. I've had em forever. They always come through for me. Super strong, nice flex, super light weight. I've hit huge drop offs on these and they've survived. I also raced DH on em once and they were still going strong. What more can i say? You want a super rim? Here it is.

Similar Products Used: none
Ken   Cross Country Rider [Sep 02, 2000]
Strength:

As a front wheel, stiff precise handling. Really communicates the terrain you're going over. Low maintainance.

Heavy. Funky valve has made keeping goo-filled tubes inflated a pain; this has translated into a lot of pinch flats for me. And I just happen to really need goo because of all the thorns inthe areas I ride. I stayed away from purchasing this for the rear because of the additional stress.

I bought it on a whim during a trip to Moab and immediately liked the steering precision. In comparison ordinary spokes hit obstacles with a limp thud that feels sloppy. The Spinergy helped some of the deflection problems of my old Girvin fork, and at the same time enhanced the sense of steering precision the Girvin already had. I feel some of this same benefit on my Z-2. I generally am not concerned with weight, but this wheel feels like it weighs twice as much as a King-equipped wheel, and a lot of the weight is on the edges which means way-high rotational weight. Do I really suffer? No. But combined with the low tire pressures caused by goo-induced valve problems and hence pinch flats I'm ready for something new. It's not a bad wheel in the right applications, but I'm looking into getting a lighter, spoked wheel that somehow (if possible) manages to feel just as good in the handling department.

Similar Products Used: Spoked wheels with King and assorted Shimano hubs.
Scott   [Apr 16, 2000]
Strength:

Awesome looks, great aerodynamics, strong and lightweight

Laterally weak, but a set of X-Blades make these bombproof

These are good wheels. Get them cheap about now...No complaints here. Before putting these wheels down, learn to ride them. These fly. Good job Spinergy.

Similar Products Used: SPIN wheels, Roks XE, Sun CR-18, Mavic X517, Crosslinks
Ramon   Cross Country Rider [Mar 16, 2000]
Strength:

3x strong compared to titanium laced wheels. 2x compared to stainless steel laced wheels. Thick rim profile & width makes this one of the stiffest wheels I've ridden. Haven't gone out-of-true, yet.

Don't ride in strond cross winds! Unless your really very very experienced rider. Valve extension rattles whenever I hop or ride over a pot hole. No fix. 1.5lbs heavier than conventional wheel-set.

I didn't buy it for off-road use knowing the fact that ALL carbon-based material degrades through time and prolonged exposure to sun light. I mainly ride it on-road regardless of surface condition (snow, rain, dust). I would NOT recommend it for off-road use as it was designed for. Though its very stable on a BMX track. No cracks after 1 year anniversary. 100% usage (I don't own a car). Stickers are peeling off. It's very responsive to aggressive acceleration. Stable on constant pedal pressure. Perfect for on-road training. see them on my bike at http://thepharmacology.tripod.com/theusualpharmacology.html