Spinergy Fall Line FR Wheelset

Fall Line FR

Durable, yet lightweight downhill wheel designed to be more resistant to repeated impacts through the use of PBO fiber spokes.

Rod Morgan   All Mountain Rider [Jun 07, 2017]
Strength:

Price
Strong
Looks
Low maintenance

Not as light as carbon, but was never going to be. I'm not a weight snob anyway.

I bought these beautiful wheels to replace the original Mavics on my 2007 Reign XO.
As an intermediate rider looking to progress, I wanted strong wheels to laugh off my mistakes and last (or even outlast) the life of the bike. I also wanted a wider rim to allow my tyres (sidewall and tread) to perform to their full potential. And last but not least, they look amazing.

A few weeks ago I came to a sliding stop having nearly been thrown over my bars. A 2.5" branch about 12" long had caught in my rear wheel whilst cruising at about 25km/hr. Immediate and post ride check revealed no damage to the spokes, rim or true of the wheel, something my previous wheels would love to have been able to brag about.

Similar Products Used: Mavic
Ryan   All Mountain Rider [Oct 24, 2016]
Strength:

1) Stiff.
2) Quiet. The hubs make noise but i'm speaking of the sound you have when you hit stuff, no pinging since the PBO spokes seem to dampen the noise.
3) Durable. No rim dents. Lots of scratches, but that's my fault.
4) Reliable. Front hub is bullit proof and have replaced the bearings only once in the whole time I've had them (got clay slime in them from Moab) and rear I've replaced bearings once from Moab slime as well. Freewheel is super simple and just needs a clean once in a while.

Really weight is the only thing, but for what I've done: Moab, Bend, Galbraith, would I really want a lighter wheel set? Plus it says FR in the title which doesn't mean XC. I don't really have anything bad to say. Take your time and use the gorrila tape rim strip to make tubeless work and you'll never look back.

Seriously glad I took the chance and bought these. I didn't know anyone who had them in my area and read the reviews (back in 2012) and have never looked back.
I bought them to put on a bike (canfeild one) and rode that for 2 years. Never an issue. These are really stiff wheels but when you feel the spoke tension, they seem loose. The hubs and rims are engineered very well to work together as a team. Not separate parts that you get when you build up your own. I have many hundreds of miles on these and am now updating the rear hub with Spinergy's 142x12 axle to put them on my new Cotic Rocket for life as a 26+ tired bike! Can't wait to really get it on serious trail. If you can get a set, GET THEM. Even if you find used ones and they are round, GET THEM. You won't be sorry. The price is right where other wheels are (if not cheaper than most are now) and they can run 135, 142 rear and whatever you have in the front besides boost.

Similar Products Used: Mavic (many); Sun ringle charger; Azonic outlaw; Sun Duroc on my 29er.
Fernando Silva   All Mountain Rider [Feb 23, 2015]
Strength:

Super strong wheel set. Flexible.Reliable. Lightweight Very good looking.

Not many people knows how to do some service.

I own a pair of these wheel set since 2008 and so far they've just been GREAT.
Once my derailleur broke and did some damage to some spokes like scams but they never lost the strength and never broken. Reliability. :D

Edemption42   Downhiller [Aug 05, 2010]
Strength:

None so far, 1 day at BrianHead, and 2 days at Mt. Charley...I'll see how they hold up at Mammoth and Bootleg. Much stronger and quicker then my old Mavic wheels.

Not Tubeless, I had some trouble with NoTubes/Stans.

So far they have been GREAT...We shall see if the PBO Fibers can hold up to a season at Bootleg :)

I'll hitcha back in a few...

Similar Products Used: I have a pair of CB Iodines, I like them both.
Deemax
I9's
Luke Macken   Weekend Warrior [Oct 20, 2008]
Strength:

Spinergy Warranty and Customer Service Department. Specifically Joe

None that I have seen, the Falline replaced my set that was out of production. They really took care of me with the crash pricing and quick turnaround. They made recommendations as far as updates and service that the wheels/hubs needed.

After I took my wheel in to get strung buy local shop here in Bentonville AR (no names mentioned) They strung it up never called me and upon arrival told me that the new wheel was different that the one I had brought in. AAARRRRGH! they didn't pick up the phone and ask and I still paid them 70 bucks because I believe in supporting the local shops. Just not that one anymore.

Anyway Joe at Spinergy went above and beyond and I truly thank them for it and will continue to use their product and be a brand advocate for Spinergy until I have to install them on my wheelchair!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Atomic Laboratories
foes455   Downhiller [Jul 02, 2008]
Strength:

they are very strong lite and look super sick they are the ultimate wheel for all aspects of riding and are super silent

when they get they don't look as nice as when they are clean

they are the most silent strong wheel i have ever riden they are a little bit on the pricy side but are deffenently the greatest wheels and the spokes made out of nilone and the hub is a redesined hadly. they also have LIFTIME WARRANTY so if you can break them send them back to spinergy and they will hook you up with a set of new ones

Similar Products Used: none
Bill   [Jan 28, 2007]
Strength:

This wheels are super burly while being fairly light compared to the other FR/DH wheels I have seen. Basically they are within the weight range of an all-mountain wheel but with the burlyness of a full blown downhill wheel. The wide (39mm) rims immediately give your tires a better foot print. The front wheels can be switched from 20mm through axle to a quick release setup in a snap if you have plans to switch wheels between bikes. You can also get the rear in either 9mm QR or 12 through axle. (I have the 9mm version)

None really worth mentioning. The PBO spokes are not found in every bikeshop so like other high end wheels that use unique spokes you may want to get a spare before you need one. I have never busted one on the trail and you can get them right from Spinergy

I do not worry about breaking my wheels! These wheels have taken plenty of abuse and have not given me one bit of trouble. They are light enough to keep an otherwise heavy bike in the climbable realm yet burly enough to allow you to go screaming down gnarly techno-fest mountains (if you dare) with full cofindence in your wheels.

Similar Products Used: I have been loving my Xyclone Discs on my XC bike for four years. The Specialized Enduro wheels that came with my bike.
M.L.   Downhiller [Dec 24, 2007]
Strength:

Very stiff, this wheelset looks great on the bike

This is a great wheelset, tools are included for tensioning the spokes, it costs more than the everage wheelset but this spinergy wheelset is something different!! This wheelset is a real eyecatcher and it does the job very well! I would recommend this wheelset to everyone out there!

Similar Products Used: Mavic deemax
CRAZY FRED   Weekend Warrior [Aug 01, 2006]
Strength:

COOLEST LOOKING WHEEL OUT THERE WHITE SPOKES ON WHITE BIKE.THEY JUST SEEM TO TURN OVER ON THERE OWN.SUPER STIFF,SICK LOOKING HUBS,REAR HUB SOUND CRAZY,NEVER OUT OF TRU

IF YOU HADE TO PAY FOR THEM I GUESS,CHRIS ROCKS ONE OF THE BEST GUY I'VE DELT WITH IN THE BUSS. BEEN IN THIS GAME FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS,DENTON ROCKS TOO. PR TOP SHELF

ONE OF THE BEST THINGS TO HAPPEN TO ME IN MY LIFE WAS HOOKING UP WITH SPINERGY CHRIS HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME GO TO THERE SITE AND LOOK UP SPONSERED RIDERS AKA CRAZY FRED.I HOPE TO NEVER HAVE TO RUN ANY OTHER WHEELS EVER AGAIN. ALL THOUGH I HAVE YET TO GO MONSTER HUGH I KNOW THATY WHEN I DO THESE WHEELS WILL JUST BE LAUGHING AT ME SAYING HA HA HA THAT'S IT THAT'S ALL YOU GOT. SOON TO BE BUILDING YP INTENSE6.6 WITH A GOAL WEIGHT OF 28 TO 30 WITH SPINERGY XYCLONES WWW.DIESELBIKES.COM MASS.ROCKS LYNN,WOODS CALL SPINERGY ASK FOR CHRIS TELL HIM CRAZY FRED SENT YOU