Shimano XTR WH-M985 15mm Thru Wheelset

• Over Locknut: 100mm
  • Center Lock: Rotor Mount Center Lock
  • Recommended Tire: 1.50-2.25

Wojieboy   Cross Country Rider [Sep 19, 2012]

These wheels are light, roll well and are (seem) strong! I am 88kgs and not the "smoothest" of XC riders around (also take up to 1 meter drops) and these wheels are tops! They came with my 2012 Giant Anthem SL0 Carbon XC bike and what performance.

Lined up against my mates 9kg Cannondale carbon Lefty HT 29er on a downhill trail-and these wheels easily roll away from him (same tyre setup) The hubs are tight initially. He is not happy!

I am very happy though...Long term I hope these last as they seem to cost a bit "normal retail"-But who pays that anyway??

No "Stans" leakage-UST ready and how much nicer to use than converting rims with strips/tape.

None found yet...more riding and racing should tell the tale.

Scwhable UST tyres are quite hard to mount on these rims initially...They loosen up the second time (minor whinge)

As they came with the bike, price not a problem...If I have to replace them it will be. After looking/dreaming of a set of lighter "weight weenie" xc wheels I have decided that these are the goods and I'll just ride more/eat less to lose the weight (and save about 2500 bucks at the same time)

Wheels are doing well, as I have ridden through water/rain/mud/rock gardens/logovers and in extremely dusty conditions so far with no issues (in Western Australia)

Completed my first 100k marathon race last weekend (Dwellingup 100) and loved them! Certainly nice to have a wheelset that performs!

They also look the goods! Anything with XTR written on it reeks of quality/weight saving and (hopefully) longevity

My two cents...

Similar Products Used: Mavic 317 Disc (with rim strips/sealant) on my old XT spec Giant Anthem 2008