Shimano XT Disc Wheelset

XT Disc

A custom wheel build withShimano XT M778 hubs, Mavic XC717 rims and DT Swiss straight-guage spokes. Centerlock disc only non-UST, rim strip included 15mmThru axle front hub QR skewer for rear is included 17mm rim width Weight: 970g rear (no skewer), 798g front

Mike Hoff   [May 15, 2007]
Strength:

Bomb proof, Great Value, disk or rim brake compatible. Stay true even for a 215lb rock bashing rider.

Not the lightest but I will take durability over lighter rotational weight. I don't race so I'm not weight weinie.

Flexability to do disk or rim brakes. Most important is price and reliability. They fit well with my 2.1 tire. Probably not great with 1.9. I gave them 5 chiles for value and rating because these wheels do what they are suppost to. Again not for XC racing but weekend warriors should not hesitate. 2 wheels for 150!

Rims: Sun Rims Ryno Lite XL Welded and Machined
Hubs: Shimano XT Disc 756 with skewers, 6 bolt IS type

Spokes and Nipples: Wheelsmith Stainless Steel spokes with brass nipples

Weight: F: 1,130 g
R: 1,340 g
Weights include quick releases

Similar Products Used: mavic rims on specialized hubs(broke spokes constantly and had to true to avoid brake rub.
OVERALL
Matt   Weekend Warrior [Jan 14, 2008]
Strength:

Strong rims for the weight, good hubs that are fast and strong as well.

For the price they are awesome. I doubt you could find a better wheel set-up for the price. I'm over 200lbs and I do a couple of drops sometimes (no more than 3 feet) and they stay straight and true. Hubs are alot faster than my old stock ones. Good deal.

OVERALL