Shimano WH-M765 Tubeless Wheelset

WH-M765 Tubeless

The M765 is an XT-level wheelset that leverages tubeless tire technology to yield a wheelset that''s ideal for cross-country riding and racing.

grumpygramps   Cross Country Rider [Jul 06, 2009]
Strength:

Weight, looks, strength,- they took me down a ski slope (no snow fortunately, but in hindsight very silly anyway!) and other very fast downhill paths in Morocco which really shouldn't have worked with my set-up. Despite abuse like hitting some large rocks and doing pretty big and at times unexpected jumps which I didn't land at all well they survived a month out there completely unharmed. Very impressed.

None that I've encountered.

For the performance they've given me at the price I paid (£100 for the pair as they were last seasons models) I couldn't want for more. There must be more left lurking around at the back of a shop somewhere, find them and get yourself a right bargain like I did.

Similar Products Used: Mavic X517s and xt hubs.
hesibudifabla   Weekend Warrior [Jun 08, 2008]
Strength:

Strong as hell, gets weird looks from the shop folk, lightweight, very unique looking.

Came on a bike I recently purchased. Bought whole bike in as-new condition for $550! Came with top of the line stuff including these wheels. Went tubeless and these wheels are amazing. I am 5'8" 145 lbs and ride what I call "crash-riding"; urban night-assault. I hit everything I can find with these rims and the are still like new. Like all truly great parts, you simply put these on your bike and forget about them.

dirtgirl   Cross Country Rider [Jan 20, 2006]
Strength:

Stiff, light and stayed true, until...

Not good for misjudging gap jumps! No problems for a year, then came up short on a gap and hit the rear wheel hard on a sharp edged rock. I didn't know it until I was lubing the chain that I noticed a wobble. Yikes! 130 lb chick caused a half a nicked sized dent in the rim.

This was the best wheelset I had until the dent. No truing was done until then and I've put a lot of harsh miles on these. They've gone through lots of rock gardens in the Mt Wilson area, the Santa Ana Mountains and the San Juan trail. Regardless, I'll continue to train with these, since,I was able to get it pretty true and the seal with the tire wasn't compromised. I can't feel the difference riding with the dent, anyway.

Similar Products Used: Mavic 221/XT, Mavic 517/XT, Tioga Racer/Edco
Ronald Maier   Cross Country Rider [Jan 19, 2006]
Strength:

wheigt
looks fine
center lock

noisy
rear wheel was a suddenly rupture longitudinally
on rim due to the laterally traction design of spokes.

of course i feel very disapointed of this
product and actually using my old very good
mavic rims.

Kevin   Cross Country Rider [Apr 27, 2004]
Strength:

Lighter than Mavic (except Xmax SL; XT just heavier nearly 200g, however it cost less $200), smooth, rainbow sticker & very close to XTR. The hubs is very smooth.

TI material not included like XTR. However cost is cheaper than XTR.

I like it because the stroke is fewer than popular.

Similar Products Used: XTR, Xmax SL.
Eric   Weekend Warrior [Jul 17, 2006]
Strength:

Value for money, good looks, tuff as nails and spins for days.

non so far.

It's the budget wheelset to go! Cheaper then XTR and tougher too...I do regular jumps and drops (around 2 to 3 feet and yeah...on the NRS and bottoms out the fox) and the wheels stay true. It's quite an attention getter with the lateral pull spokes, folks would stop and wonder how it's laced together. Anyway, it's quite an amazing wheelset for the price you pay. Who should buy it? A betweener of cross country rider and folks like me who does jumps and drops....at a moderate height, of course.

Similar Products Used: Mavic CrossMax
Ryan   Racer [May 21, 2005]
Strength:

Strong, looks, weight, UST compatible

None, except perhaps you have to run Shimano brakes, but this doesn't phase me, I use the Shimano XT hydros.

Looks awesome, not many around, stays true, takes a beating, very light weight, can run UST tyres. I run non ust tires with Stan's sealant and it works a treat. Although I have gone to SRAM drivetrain, I still love the Shimano wheels!! These rock, and much cheaper than XTR!!! :)