Shimano M778 XT 15QR Wheelset

Tired of changingTubes every ride? MakeThe leapTo Tubeless.TheShimano M778 XT wheelset allows youTo goTubeless without packing onThe extra grams. Compatible with your 8/9/10 speed set- up,This is The perfect upgradeTo your XC/Trail bike. You won’t feel any flexing as you are slashingThroughThe singletrack.The 15mm front axle increasesThe lateral rigidity, and makes sure your front end stays where you put it.The 4 pawl design freehub body means quick reliable engagement which is imperat

hoolie   Cross Country Rider [Aug 14, 2011]
Strength:

Centerlock rotor, UST, Cheap on clearance, Steel spokes (but proprietary I think), freewheel sounds good but not loud

Too early to tell. About 20 hours of hardcore riding. I use other bike for mellow rides. 24 spokes-I am 180 lbs.

Good wheelset on sale. I wanted Havens, but these were waaaay cheaper on sale, and I like Shimano stuff. Some don't. I should repost in a year after many more rides, but these are working great after some hard crosscountry rides with jumps on 4 unfamiliar trails to boot-you don't always pick best line on new trails and these hold up.

Similar Products Used: DT X1800, WTB, Mavic, XT 29er wheelset. All but X1800 great
jc914   Weekend Warrior [May 24, 2010]
Strength:

Strong hubs, seems very rigid.

Don't know yet, so far only a few drops and it still seems to be true

I needed some wheels for my new fork and these were in my price range. So far it feels great, improved control and handling, even when going off the trails. I'm pretty aggressive on parts so will see what happens.