Reynolds Canyon Wheelset

• Smooth rolling cartridge bearings
  • DT Swiss Champion spokes
  • Accepts Shimano or SRAM 10/9/8 speed cassettes

410sprint   [Nov 06, 2012]
Strength:

Light, strong and durable. DT spokes, super smooth sealed bearing hubs and a nice set of skewers

It looks like Reynolds is no longer producing these wheels

This is a high quality wheelset. I have put a couple thousand hard miles on these wheels and they have proven to be very durable. I paid $299 at Jenson for these wheels and with features like DT spokes, super smooth sealed bearing hubs and a nice set of skewers this wheelset is one of the best bang for your buck in cycling.

buddh0   Cross Country Rider [May 31, 2012]
Strength:

Light, smooth, stay true, look good

None so far, still true after >1000 mi of singletrack

Very light wheels for a great price. They spin great. I've never felt so connected with my bike and the trail as with these wheels. They're still true after over 1000 mi of singletrack, despite have taken some pretty good hits. For my type of fastish XC riding I really can't find a single complaint, and for the price they're fantastic.
My only real concern is getting service in the future, as Reynolds seems to have discontinued this model.

Similar Products Used: Mavic crossride, misc. others
BMC FS   Weekend Warrior [Mar 23, 2012]
Strength:

Light, easy ghetto tubelss setup

none yet

Nice and light. Roll extremely well. Mounted ghetto tubeless using 1" gorilla tape and a stans valve stem. Tires aired up 1st time. Tires; Conti Race King rear, Bontrager XR4 front. Tires were used also. There is a little more play in the hub than I would preffer but less than the Mavics I had. 3 pawl ratchet system seems to work nice so far. Time will tell, but as for now they get a good rating.

Similar Products Used: Mavic Crossmax SL
pfrish   Weekend Warrior [Feb 07, 2012]
Strength:

Light, strong, cheap, spin well.

None so far.

For the price I paid it is outstanding. I am not sure if they would be worth 650 or whatever MSRP is on them. They have rolled true, are pretty light, and look pretty good. I haven't had any issues in a year of heavy XC riding. I would recommend if you can find them on sale.

cuaresmatic   Cross Country Rider [Apr 01, 2011]
Strength:

Very light, Spins clean, Common Spoke (easy to replace), Its made by Reynolds!

Decals are starting to come off already

I'm running a set and are absolutely "Just Right" for my riding conditions. I raced them last week for Xterra Guam 2011 where the trails are a varied mix of asphalt, Rock Gardens, technical climbs, technical steep descents and climbs, small drops, knee high grass, loose over hard pack, clay, and thick mud and tropical rain all in the same course. These wheels handled everything perfectly. I beat them up for about 100mi now training on the same course. They are still true and spin clean just like when they are new. The wheels and spokes were dinged by rocks and all the damage is just cosmetic so far. I would highly recommend them for $600 but for $300 from Jensonusa... they just cannot be beat.

I'm running them tubeless with Stan's standard strips and sealant with Stans The Raven 2.2 (510g) in the front and 2.0 (400g) in the rear with about 28-30PSI. Getting the bead to sit with a compressor was a major Pain in the A.. but once seated I've been enjoying the grippiest and almost lightest wheels and tires I've ever ridden.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/cuaresmatic/d014fb4a.jpg[/IMG]