Mavic XA Elite 29er WTS Wheelset

XA Elite 29er WTS

Mixing high end features(ISM4D, Maxtal), a proven construction, Quest Pro tires and modern ingredients (25mm wide rim, hookless) ; XA Elite is the perfect agile and versatile WTS for endless trail riding adventures.

Jim   All Mountain Rider [Jan 02, 2018]

Light wheel set, comes with surprisingly decent tires,

Rear spoke head pulled through hub causing me to send back for warranty, front wheel creaks while applying brakes

I purchased this wheel set for a Chromag Rootdown build this last summer. This ended up being my go to bike over my Bronson riding anywhere from my commute to trails around western Washington. The wheel set was great going around most of the PNW trails for the first 300 or so miles. However the front wheel started creaking when putting on the brakes. I have sent an email to Mavic to check this out and see if there is sometype of adjustment that I can do. The second issue was a spoke in the rear hub actually pulled through the hub breaking off material on the hub so you could not lace a spoke to it any more. It has been sent back to Mavic for warranty and they stated they would release the rim to a new hubshell. Anyone have any issues with these wheels? Especially the creaking, would love to fix that.

Similar Products Used: DT Swiss - variety of hub and rim combos, Phil Wood (the best but they don't make them in boost or thru axle)
Available At :