Mavic Crossroc UST Wheelset

Mavic Crossroc UST Wheelset

Mavic Crossroc UST Front Wheel QRM MAVIC quality bearings, Aluminum spoke screws and brass nipples, Black anodized MAXTAL SUP welded rim. inflation pressure 2 to 4 bars / 30 to 60, Front : 810g,

[Sep 22, 2018]
Drumnatural

Strength:

Have stayed true going on 3 years now. I have not had one issue with them. Redo the tubeless set up once a year or so. It holds air great and adding sealant is a rarity.

Tires start to fold with the psi in the mid 20s running a tubeless setup. Not really a legit issue but worth mentioning.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2015
[Apr 13, 2016]
Randy

Strength:

These wheels have excellent bearings and a strong wheeel

why anyone would want these horrid valve stems is beyond me! Ive found them useless at best! And drilled the valve stem area out to accept normal USA style tubes and stems.Which take slime just fine.And are priced right for another.Besides this real problem.Ive had problems with the spokes always loosing up.And now even a spoke nut having broke!So less spokes don't seem to be better in my book.When Ive not ever had this problem before with any wheel in my entire life of bicycling! Once they start they get worse fairly quick.To the point the entire rear wheel will feel like jello! Do to many spokes having come loose.What you need know is this!I don't use these on any rough trails at all.But on 85% city streets and not flying off or hitting curbs! The trails my bikes seen.Happen to be all mellow and semi soft..So these wheels haven't ever been at all abused!

Overal Im not to impressed with these wheels for the money paid and what they are supposed to be! I feel not one spoke should've ever come loose not to mention all of them on the rear wheel.For the use they seen and not the use there built for at all.When I say cross country rider.I mean city overall when they didn't give my cycling description.I ride my bike if not everyday then every other.And for short rides of max ten miles.Most only afew miles at most on paved or cement.For what I paid these wheels are barely worth it.Not for the retail amount at all.

[Jan 05, 2010]
mtbnj

Strength:

strong, light

Great set of wheels. I've done several 24 hour races with these wheels and I'm still using them today on regular ride on a second bike I have. Just last year I finally had to tru the wheels. I purchased them back in 2004 so you do the math. Great wheels and I'm still getting my moneys worth.

other XC wheel sets, too many to list

[Aug 19, 2003]
Achmed

Strength:

They really do work and help you hook up better in the corners. The rims are great and Tubeless is a great system. They really take some weight off your bike and they give your hardtail a little more suspension. I have not had any problems like everyone else is talking about having. They either must weigh a ton, beat their bike, can't ride, or just don't know what they are talking about.

None that I have found

Great product, Go UST! Buy this if you are a lighter weight rider and you mostly like to do xc riding or racing. Don't buy them for freeriding stuff or downhill. That would be dumb.

LX Wheelset

[Jul 15, 2003]
Max

Strength:

Strong, pretty light, look cool

None so far

These wheels are a great value. They are really strong, haven't need to be trued yet (considering my rough riding), perhaps Mavic could have tried to make these a bit lighter. They look pretty cool with the low 20 spoke count and black anodizing.

Bontrager Corvair, Sun Mach 4/LX, Weinmann ZAC-19, Sun ZJ-93

[Jun 09, 2003]
Nasif

Strength:

They are strong, fast and are of the hook

can't name one

Dude these are sweet. So happy i bought them. I am so much faster. Also the tires i bought gave me a lot more traction. These wheels are so tite. Buy them if u want a good deal!

Bontrager

[Jun 09, 2003]
Nasif

Strength:

They are strong, fast and are of the hook

can't name one

Bontrager

[Oct 21, 2002]
Emery

Strength:

Tubeless, aesthetics

finish spur

Very good rim set except for a later discovered quality control issue on the rim edge. I was getting sidewall punctures when I flattend. After $100 worth of tires, I discovered sharp, unfinished edges on the rims and filed them over. No more sidewall punctures....infact, I have been riding since 1988 and prior to the Crossrocs, I have never had a sidewall puncture. If you get a pair, check it out, it may not become a problem unless you get a tread flat and as soon as that sharp area runs over your flattened tire....you get another hole in the sidewall. I run radial tire Slime sealant in them now. No flats for over a month. Think the rear spokes may be loosening...but the kinda riding I do, they should! Normal maintenance.

[Mar 05, 2002]
jason

Strength:

-UST technology
-ride quality in rocks, roots

-heavy
-pretty flexy
-flats suck to fix!

These wheels work great for XC use. If you ride aggresive you will notice some flex! I usually don't run anything less than 32 hole. So far things are holding up though. These things have stayed true! Around my part of the country we have cactus, mesquite, etc. I highly recommend liquid latex as used with Stan's system!(www.notubes.com) You can find the stuff at most local hobby shops. Works better than the tubeless slime. Punctures are a pain in the a$$ otherwise!!

Crossmax UST
Mavic 517/XTR Stan's style!

[Feb 26, 2002]
Lee

Strength:

The system went together extremely well and easily. Disregard the reviews that state the tires are hard to get on and inflate. I had no problems whatsoever. A+++

Tires are still a little heavy compared to flyweight tubes and a good racing tire.

Take your time installing the tires and the product goes together like gangbusters. Lots of soapy water though. When you think you've got enough on, keep going and going. Think Lawrence Welk's bubble machine. Thank ye' boys...