Mavic Crossride UB Disc Wheelset

Crossride UB Disc

• 6061 aluminum rim offers strength and stability
  • QRM sealed cartridge bearings produce low resistance
  • UB Control coating eliminates shuddering
  • 24 (2x) stainless steel, straight pull

mk.utlra   [Sep 26, 2012]
Strength:

Strong, relatively light, great value

Amazing budget wheels.

the.rebot   Weekend Warrior [Aug 02, 2012]
Strength:

Strong light, a great upgrade from a factory wheel set.

Not as light as the "pro" wheels, rear wheel lost tension fairly quickly, but that can be resolved at your LBS.

A strong and light wheelset translates to momentum and confidence in your rides. Mavic has an inexpensive, but far from cheap wheelset here, they call them entry level, but they are far from it. Great value.

Similar Products Used: Mavic Crossride Disc, Giant P-XC2 & a set of Giant entry level Factory clunkers.
seadog101   Weekend Warrior [Jul 29, 2011]
Strength:

Top Quality build with excellent materials. Designed well for the purpose in mind

A bit heavy, a bit expensive

I got these as they were able to give me the transition from a V-Brake set-up to disc. I needed some wheels that would see me through the change over.

Luckily I picked up these from a local guy, who had used them purely for training on the road and turbo trainer.

I was surprised to find that they were heavier than the older wheels I took off.

However, once rubbered up and brakes adjusted I could tell these were a huge improvement on what I had before. A very tight wheelset, transmitting the trail feel really well. The braking surface was so good I did question my intention to change to discs soon, these were stopping me very quickly indeed.

I have red a few reviews where the build quality has been a bit questionable. This set I've picked up have shown no signs of this at all. Straight and true as anything, with bearing that seem so smooth and quiet.

They do seem a tad expensive, when compared to their rivals and the weight of them, but if you can get them 2nd hand don't hesitate.

huh?   Cross Country Rider [Aug 29, 2010]
Strength:

Durable and rolls well

None yet

Fantastic wheels. One year of taking punishment and not so much as a loose spoke to date.

Highly recommend as an affordable improvement.

pocoyo   Cross Country Rider [Mar 07, 2010]
Strength:

looks, sealed bearings, disc/ v-brake option, price, good weight

havent found one yet

I know 3 months is not long, but they sure have made a diference in comparison to my prev wheels. Ive raced a couple of hard races and the hardest was an 8km time trail climb up a very nasty pure rock hill (almost no sand or dirt, just that break-a-bone, crush-a-helmet,framebreaker, wheel desfiguring kind of rock!!)which included the descent and they passed the test with flyng colors! Rolls smoothly on paved roads and really help on normal climbs.
I also asked for some shimano xt-something wheels which were around $700 but store assistant said if he had the choice he would go with mavic cause of their sealed bearing hubs!!

Similar Products Used: alex rims, old mavic ceramic- shimano deore hubs
MONGE   Racer [Sep 01, 2009]
Strength:

very good looking, weigth is not bad for the price, it rolls very nice, and smoothly

the Rim got broken very easily, I were expected something more stiff and resitant from Mavic...

Kind of cheap, good looking, rolls very very good...

The rim is not very resistend... not if you like going down hard...