Mavic Crossmax XL WTS 29 Wheelset

Mavic Crossmax XL WTS 29 Wheelset

[Jan 20, 2017]
EMR
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Strength to weight ratio

I wish they made it in a 23 mm or 25mm internal width.

I'm a heavier rider 200 lbs. I raced these on local X/C series set up tubless on many
Different brands of tires no issues at all hubs are great and rims still run true and straight. Very durable but light enough to race X/C which can be a problem for heavier riders looking for X/C wheel sets. And I can ride them on all trails when not racing as well. Very satisfied so far. My only wish is that they made them in wider internal rim width.

OVERALL
[Jun 07, 2015]
Josepht1

Strength:

Wheels stay true. Very durable. Fairly light.

Spokes may be hard to find when you need them maybe good to buy some ahead of time.

I picked up this wheel tire set in February this year and so far I love them. First on my list of likes is their durability. I ride technical trails along with xc type rolling trails. These wheels hold up well to rock hopping, jumps, and just transfer power well. They are very stiff (which I love) and with the quest tires have very low rolling resistance. I also like that they come with everything needed for a tubeless set up. I'm 210-220 pounds, and ride fairly aggressively and I really like low maintenance wheels. I have read that the hub needs to be oiled a couple of times per season which is really no big deal. So far I would highly recommend this set. The tires are wearing a little quick, but there are tons of ust tires out there that I would love to try. Iv'e riden them for about four months now and the tension and trueness is still perfect. I'll give a longer term review after a season or two of riding. If your looking for a good all around mtb wheel these are worth checking out. Mavic claims the Crossmax xl will handle enduro use, that translates to a tough wheel that is light enough for everyday use for an average Joe.

OVERALL