Mavic 222 Wheelset

Mavic 222 Wheelset

Mavic 222

[May 20, 2000]
John

Strength:

Good price. Came stock on my bike with LX hubs and have held up pretty well so far, but I think I'm going to buy some Mavic Crossrides and use these as road wheels, but still good trail riding wheels

come out of true a bit, I've got a couple of nice dings in the rear rim

Damn fine rim for the price, but a future upgrade wouldn't hurt. Comparing them to X517's isn't fair. They aren't even close price wise.

None really. Weinneman Zac 19. riden friends Crossrides

[Sep 25, 2000]
Russ

Had them for 2 years and have beaten the crap out of them.They are still straight after going over everylog in NJ. Just kidding! But I do jump over everthing in sight so they have surved their purpose.Have no idea how they compare to the more expensive wheels,but I was told by friends the lighter more expensive wheels would get broken if they got used in the same way.

[Apr 23, 2000]
Matt Hayes

Strength:

Very good for the cheaper rim's. Very good for people not racing just out to have fun!

Not as strong as X517's

The Mavic X222 rims are good for non racers but not as strong as the X517's!

Sun Cr-18 (Mavic's 222 where stronger)

[Sep 27, 2002]
Jose Oliveira

Strength:

Strong, spinnable, goof looking (black color)

none knowned.

Actualy, this review is for the Mavic 225 wheels. I didn't found this product on the reviews list, so I wrote it over here.

I had a little accident with this wheel, and now I can tell you the quality of this material.

I had the wheel taked off the bike and accidently passed with an all terrain vehicle (suv) over him.

Well, next I take it to my local dealer and expect the worst news. I am talking about 1600 kilograms passing over the wheel.

For my big admiration, the dealer told me that the wheel didn't suffer any kind of major damage. Only the little pice in the center that ataches the wheel to the fork had to be replaced. The whell just warped/bended a very little few milimiters, practically imperceptible at eye view.

I just have to say: GOOD (VERY GOOD) JOB MAVIC!

[Jan 30, 2000]
brad pastir

Strength:

held up for the time it did

week, not for the stump jumping rock bed riders. radial and lateral stiffines

these wheels are ok for ur easy going rider who likes to to just ride around on the trails, but if ur like me and ride as hard as u can regaurdless of the bike then they wont last long. after about the tenth time of truing them the were shot and had larg unrepairable kinks in them, esp. the rear one( auctually im amazed they held as long as they did!

mavic 517 xt hubs (way better)