Loaded Precision AmX Wheelset

AmX

Loaded's Signature AmX 26" wheelset featuresTheir Signature hub laced upToTheir 29mm-wide AmX Rim.This combination providesThe rider with a wheelsetThat is built specifically forThe demanding conditions ofToday's modern All Mountain andTrail Riding. AmX Wheelsets are incredibly strong, extremely durable, and exceptionally eye-catching. Available hand built fromTheir USA Warehouse. 29mm Rim Width 32H Front and Rear Axle Options (Included) 20mm, 15mm, or standard 9mm QR front 12x135mmThru

Tracey   All Mountain Rider [Jun 02, 2015]
Strength:

Durable, strong, come with all hardware for any frame or fork, nice color selection

I'm 240 pounds and ride a 2006 Iron Horse MK3. I live in the mountains of NC and my trails are rocky and lots of roots. I have had No issues with the tension of the spokes or hub. I love this wheelset!

Kyle   [Feb 19, 2014]
Strength:

bombproof, strong, durable, inexpensive, color options, anodizing lasts well

Nada! Only wish they offered them in carbon for 26"

Running these on my DH bike and they are seriously the BEST rims out there. Bought the complete wheelset from loaded directly. They were very helpful and built them up quickly. Rims look sick on my bike, went with red to match my frame. I'm getting some for my dirt jumper as well. Only wish I could get some carbon ones.

Alan   All Mountain Rider [Jul 13, 2012]
Strength:

Nice wide 29mm rim, can be had in many colors, sealed catridge bearings.... that's about it

Spokes wont stay tensioned, the nipples keep backing off to the point they almost fall off. I dont think the factory used any spoke prep when the build the wheels. Every 6 to 10 ride they need to be tensioned deperately, but they have stayed relatively true, so the rim must be built well. The rear hub failed on me yesterday, it wasn't the freehub, but the toothed ring the paws of the free hub engage. The toothed ring is just pressed into the hub body, and it now spins in the hub body when under even the lightest load. This left me standed about 7miles into my ride. I'm gonna try to get a new hub shell from Loaded and re-lace it to the rim, but this stinks, after 15+ years of riding and working on bikes, I've never had a failure of this nature, and to have it on a $599 wheelset, is not acceptable.

Seemed like a stong wheelset, but I no longer would trust the rear hub, and you need to take each nipple out and put spoke prep on the threads if you want it to stay tensioned.

Similar Products Used: numerous custom build wheels
Dylansageyo   Downhiller [Oct 20, 2011]
Strength:

Totally bomb proof ! For my riding an sloppy lines those wheel take a beating my tires Love them!
Haven't had to true them. My pair of mavics never held up to myGT but these loaded P's are great!

Having trouble finding Them

Great wheelset if you need a good durable wheel. An for the price! All my friends ride them an love them. No bad opinions what so ever. Must buy!