Industry Nine Enduro Wheelset

Industry Nine Enduro Wheelset

Industry Nine Enduro 26" Wheelset - ForThe riderThat demands performance and strength over all elseThese Industry Nine wheels are 100% made in Industry Nines Asheville, NC facility.Their spoke design allowsThemTo eliminateThe J-bend andThe spoke/nipple interface. InsteadTheir spokesThread directly intoThe hub shell with a larger diameterThreadThanThe main spoke body, eliminating weakness atTheThread.This allowedThemTo increaseThe surface contact area by moreThan 200% over a standard 14g spoke an

[Nov 03, 2013]
James Domenico
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

In order of priority, Stiffness, Quick Engagement, weight, ease of tubeless installation, Bling Factor,

I would say cost, but after a blown hub in a DT Swiss wheelset during a trip to Moab (how much is your time worth?) after day 1, made the bike useless the rest of the trip, I would say these are worth every penny!!! Maybe proprietary spokes, but the give you like 6 spares with the wheel set.

The best wheel set I have ridden. I have not ridden Chris King's and have heard many good things about them, but the what sold me is 120 points-3 degree engagement 6 pawl system. I am a heavy rider at 220 plus pounds, and could not believe how quickly I blew the DT swiss hub out. There was only like 300 miles on the bike, and considering safety factors I wanted a hub that was not going to fail in that manner again. Super Stiff, quick engagement, and installed on my carbon Specialized Stumpy with tubeless system installed the bike is a rocket. The bike climbs anything I put in front of it. I like how the free hub sounds, and the bling factor is crazy. Red hubs, with red industry nine spokes, on the Enduro black rims.

Nothing as the same quality as this wheelset, but DT Swiss, and Mavics.

[Jul 31, 2011]
Rider Mel

Strength:

This is my "out of the box" review of the I9 AM wheelset. The wheels look great. They are reasonably light with a nice 26mm wide rim. I noticed three things very quickly.
1. The wheels feel very stiff and roll well.
2. The rear hub is incredibly loud (even compared to Kings).
3. The engagement is extremely fast compared to anything else I've tried.
Overall, the wheels seem to perform at a level that is appropriate for the price. If they prove to be durable, they will be my wheels of choice.

Price. Like anything, you get what you pay for.

The wheels look and feel very solid. The stiffness is apparent immediately. The buzz is a little annoying but many folks seem to like it - I'll deal with it if they hold up over time. The instant engagement is fantastic and, again, worth the noise.

Shimano XT & XTR, Mavic Crossmax, Chris King hubs on custom wheelset, DT wheelset, etc.

[Apr 11, 2011]
awife2kidsandadog

Strength:

instant engagement, stiff, sexy, buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well worth every penny spent and every minute waiting for them to come in.

nothing compares

[Aug 19, 2010]
stash77

Strength:

Stiff, light, looks, pedal power...

Price I suppose.

The hype is real. These wheels are amazing. It took me a while to make this decision because of the price. They're worth the extra cash. Next to your frame, your wheelset is the most important part of your bike IMO.

Hadley

[Jun 01, 2010]
Phishn

Strength:

They look amazing!!! They sound so good.

none so far.

If you want the hottest rims at the trail head buy these. They are light and sexy. Worth the extra money.

mavic cross max

[May 24, 2010]
dave_bouf

Strength:

Ease of use as tubeless. Light & Stiff...the buzz is growing on me.
Configurable axle setup...I have a 10mm thru-bolt.

The price, and the extra price for some colours.

I was worried about how hard they would be to run tubeless and the noise from the freehub. The buzzing grew on me quickly.

Some Stan's yellow tape, sealant and a tubeless valve and they are good to go.

The price is high, yet not out of norm for such a high quality product. I love mine.

There is no similar product I am familiar enough with.

[Mar 15, 2010]
bingemtbr

Strength:

Customer Service
Stiffness
(Light) Weight
Reliability

Annual servicing
Limited local spoke inventory

As close as you can get to King but with as good and I have to believe better customer services. This is a good place to be. King set the industry standard IMHO. The engagement is there. The stiffness is there. The weight benchmark is there. I have destroyed/warn out the guts of my I9 Enduro's twice. About once every season. First time I was skeptical of the product, but they warrantied the product and fixed them N/C--and within 2 weeks. Second time, I phoned them on a Monday, UPS'ed them and on the FOLLOWING SATURDAY-5 or 6 DAYS later, the wheel returns to me at 100% and at no charge. Kudos to the I9 guys! Outstanding service!

Look no further than an alternative to King. (And yes, I break King ring drives too!)

King

[Jan 26, 2010]
dan51

Strength:

Quick engagement
Bling
Stiff
Strong
Easy maintenance.

Proprietary and expensive spokes.
They get dirty, hiding the bling.

Great wheelset. No problems so far.
I have broken 2 spokes, but the set came with some spares. Additional spokes were $8 each at my LBS and had to be ordered. Not the kind of wheel you can get fixed anywhere. Just bring spare spokes with you on road trips.

DT5.1 with Hope ProII hubs
819s with XT hubs

[Jul 29, 2009]
wns

Strength:

Stiffness. Instant engagement. strength, strength / stiffness to weight ration, wide rim.

not a one thus far

I got good and ripe sweating and stewing in the juices of months’ worth of indecision trying to settle on a new wheelset. But when it got down to it there really wasn’t a choice.....I was on the fence, however, as far as rims, looking at 819s and 5.1s mostly but couldn’t settle. Each had their own advantages and disadvantages.....Finally Brandi at I9 put an end to my suffering by suggesting I just sit tight awhile and wait on the I9 proprietary rims due out in the late winter. I waited. And it was worth the wait. As I’m honestly not knowledgeable enough to give anything but a subjective review I can’t contribute much beyond my maintenance experience and riding an average of four days a week over the last five or so months on these wheels.

The I9 Enduro rims are wide - 28mm, super stiff, and with a Stans rig I’ve run them tubeless without an issue using both tubeless and standard tires (Specialized, Schwalbe and WTB ). I followed the prescribed re-tensioning schedule and have had zero hub problems, front or rear. If you are taking your wheels to a shop for service I would recommend using a mechanic familiar with I9 wheels as there are some nuances ( I’m told) with the spokes, etc.

I’ve had the rear trued twice. The first time was an unfortunate flat at speed. I’d cased a rock, flatted and cased another rock. I was afraid to look but the wheel took it remarkably well. Threw in a tube and rode 20 miles out, rode the rest of the week before getting it trued. The second incident involved a stick, my derailleur and spokes, again at speed....I lost a spoke, a hanger and a lot of wind....somehow no teeth...

These things are an absolute dream. Super stiff and fast. The engagement is truly remarkable......There is a difference in the engagement between I9 and Kings, worth checking out...... A world apart from the older Crossmax XLs, stiffer than CKs laced to 819s ( this, however, is still a favorite wheelset )......I think I’ve mentioned “stiff” three times now....I’m faster on these wheels than I have been on any others.....I have more fun on these wheels...I won’t step in to the I9 vs CK ring.....both are great products.....the conversion / versatility aspect of these wheels is HUGE....I can only say that this is the best wheelset of its kind I’ve ridden.....and there is that frequently mentioned sound....BZZZZZZZZ is the sound of bliss....Additionally, and not lastly, I9 Customer Service is stellar, always a huge consideration in my choice when I’m dropping a load of cash....If you are considering I9 Enduro Hubs, give a lot of thought to their rims as well....truly kicka@@

CK / 819, various crossmax, DT

[Apr 01, 2009]
sunshynjunky

Strength:

Stiff light strong smooth incredible engagement

??.....They look too sick??? (If thats possible)

The bottom line is... all you will want to hear is ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
These are solidly the best wheels on the market

Mavic, Dt Swiss, Shimano,