Halo Combat Wheelset

Combat

Halo Combat-2 26" Disc Front Wheel: Affordable, heavy duty disc brake ready wheelset. Updated version with new rim profile, new black hubs and black spokes. Loose ball-bearing disc hubs with IS 6-bolt disc rotor mount. Choose black anodized or white powder-coated Combat-2 eyeletted rims...

McMoomin   Weekend Warrior [Jul 15, 2009]
Strength:

Rims are Fantastic

The hubs are a joke!

I had 2 combat front hubs and destroyed them back to back with VERY light dirt jumping. The rims are good but I'm gonna give this a bad rating due to the hubs.

Yo!   Weekend Warrior [Jan 12, 2009]
Strength:

Looks cool, standard design. Basically your standard 24" wheel. Comes in 26" too.

Can't seem to keep them true....maybe they're not broken in all the way. Spokes are really creaking.

Seems to me that 24" wheels are getting tougher and tougher to come by.

I bought this wheel to match my front; it's a 36h on the Nashbar SS rear hub. I would've gone with a better rim had I not been matching this to my front wheel.

These wheels come from Ison Distribution, a UK distributor. You cannot buy these wheels direct, you have to go through your LBS who gets them from BTI. Beyond Bikes carries them I think, but they will usually have to get them from BTI too, so may as well go to your LBS. All in all, I waited 3 weeks for rim/spokes/and hub to arrive and spent $150. I should have just gotten something American. Live and learn.

92to11   Weekend Warrior [Jul 22, 2008]
Strength:

looks good, strong rims

needs to be trued constantly, rubbish hub and spokes

good rims not so good wheelset

Similar Products Used: none
92te11   Weekend Warrior [Jun 18, 2008]
Strength:

Light, strong

hubs are rubbish! axle bends easily.

there alright just dont buy the complate wheelset only buy the rim!

Similar Products Used: none
Tom Richardson   Downhiller [Dec 20, 2007]
Strength:

Strong, look good, v-break compatability, good hubs, pretty light.

sticker decals (who cares)

Good strong rims and good strong disc hub, great for light freeride, downhill and dirt jumping. pretty light and a good price. they look pimp in white.