Enve Composites XC 29 Tubeless Carbon Wheelset

XC 29 Tubeless Carbon

Though the pitched battle between the 26in versus the 29er proponents seems to have ended, the debate between the two can still be a fun topic around the bike shop. Tradition is certainly on the side of 26

King of Pain   Racer [Jul 10, 2014]

Light and Strong

None really. You could say price, but you get what you pay for.

First of all, let me say that I am mainly a cross country MTB racer. I have raced MTB for 20 years and Cyclocross for 5 years. I usually win a few races a year in the highest 40+ age categories in both MTB(expert/open) and cyclocross(cat1/2). I usually can podium in hill climbs as well(open category). I'm not a small rider at 6ft 175lbs. I"m not bragging--just letting you know the type of riding I do and my body type. When I read a review I like to know a little about the author.

I've had these wheels for almost two years. They are still true and in good shape. I have broken a few spokes(three spokes) after my chain fell off the inside of the cassette, but other than that I've had no problems with the wheels. I ride a lot of rough trails around Las Vegas(Bears Best, Blue Diamond, Bootleg). In the last few months I've ridden Gooseberry Mesa twice (over 12 hours of riding on a hard tail) and like I said, the wheels are still rolling true with no visible damage. I've ruined two pairs of Stan's Crest 29er wheels during the last two years. I highly recommend these wheels. If I had to replace these wheels I would buy another set of the same wheel. These are excellent wheels.

Similar Products Used: Mavic Crossmax, Stan's Crest, I also own Mavic Carbone ULtimates, two pairs Zipp 303 tubulars(cracked all of them), Stan's IronCross.