DT Swiss X 1800 Wheelset

DT Swiss X 1800 Wheelset

The X 1800 by DT Swiss is a versatile wheelThat is great for XC,Training rides or all day epics.This wheel is both lightweight and durable. Center-Lock disc brake hub (Includes 6-bolt adapter) Rear hub uses 2 pawl engagement Double butted spokes 3 cross lacing DT Pro lock brass nipples Weight: 780 g(front), 1020 g(rear)

[Apr 10, 2013]
Kwinten

Strength:

Pretty stiff, still straight after 1.5 years of riding. Cheap

Rear wheel body, real wheel spokes.

I broke the body after only 2 month of usage. The body just cracked into two pieces. I regular brake spokes in the rear wheel. They always tend to break on the flange site, were the spokes make their 90 degree bend. Last week I broke the body again. This time the body broke over the entire contour near the needle bearing. Also the internal ratched got damaged. It costed me 75 euro in replacement parts and this on a 200 euro wheelset. I will never buy DT Swiss wheels again.

X455 rim with sun ringle dirty flea hubs. The hubs lasted for 5 years without any trouble! This set already broke after 2 months.

[Mar 16, 2011]
juanca21

Strength:

Strong, fairly light, rolls very smoothly, they have remain true so far... the two pawl system engages just fine... hand built... tubeless ready, plus! they came with an incredible pair of sturdy travel bags.

None so far!

If you are looking for I great training wheelset, this is it, look no further. Amazing set of wheels for the price...

WTB..., M.Crossrides...

[Aug 31, 2010]
wasso67

Strength:

Hmm, not too sure. Reasonably light I guess.

Roll poorly, squeak, huge rolling resistance. Rear wheel horribly out of true after about 200 miles, most of it on single track/fire roads.

What a disappointment. My old 1800's held up pretty well, so I expected these to be fairly solid. The front is the 15mm thru axle version and the rear is the new 12x 142 thru axle. Unbelievably awful rolling resistance. I've had 3 speed grandma bikes that have better freehub spin. No kidding. A huge disappointment. Have to wonder why Yeti put them on their bike. I guess I figure when you spend around 5G for a bike you should get a better wheelset. I love the bike, but honestly these wheels just don't cut it.

King/notubes Arch, King/DT Swiss rims.

[May 26, 2008]
Steve

Strength:

Strong enough for most trail riding. Stay true and roll easily. Seem fairly durable, have taken some side rock hits and very little damage. Fairly light. Quiet. Good looking.

A little flexy, but not too bad. The two pawl system lags a bit on engagement.

For the cost, a pretty good set of wheels. I set them up with the DT tubeless kit and they sealed up just fine. After 100+ miles of pretty ruthless cross country riding they are still true and in round. Granted, I am a bit of a lightweight (160 lbs) but they seem durable enough. Just light enough too. All in all I have to say I am impressed with this wheelset. I was a pretty sure they were a weak spot on the bike, but I was wrong. As I said earlier, the two pawl system does lag, but engagement is never a problem and I have to admit, they look pretty cool. DT swiss has a customer for life if these things hold up!

Custom built King wheelset with WTB rims and DT spokes.