DT Swiss Onyx XC Disc Wheelset

Perfect for aggressive riders!These offer a 20mmThroughaxle front hub (rear is standard QR), a perfect matchToTodays 20mm long-travel forks. Both front and rear are 6 bolt IS disc compatible and useThe proven DT EX5.1d disc-specific rim. Sold individually - order both a front and a rear if you need wheels for a complete bike Disc-only - not compatible with rim brakes Laced 32h / 3x with Black DT stainless spokes DT Onyx is a high-quality, sealed cartridge bearing hub

Darren   Weekend Warrior [Feb 16, 2006]
Strength:

Strong, reasonably light, sealed bearing hubs.

None.

The other 2 reviews claim their wheels were weak. I never had this problem. 2 weeks in Colorado riding some rim hungry trails at Winterpark and Keystone they performed perfectly. They stood up much better than I expected from XC rims. Would highly recommend them; however will probably fit something a little heavier for the ALPS this year.

danny fortunato   Cross Country Rider [May 16, 2005]
Strength:

It's hard to say, seeing that I only rode this bike/wheelset for only an hour and a half long, twelve mile loop

This is a weak rim

I bought a brand new S.C. Blur, and took it out to break it's cherry, instead I broke the back rim; well, not literally, but I did bend the back rim bad enough to have my LBS repair guy say, "man, I don't think you want me to say this, but I think you need to buy a new rim." WTF???
I took the bike up for a 12 mile run, 3 miles up, 9 down, the only thing I could imagine that could have screwed up the back rim was taking an endo over the handlebars, but these rims should be able to handle a spill or two, or f#ck@ng 300! I'm very dissatisfied. Fortunately, the bikeshop I originally purchased the bike from, "The Downhill Zone", is taking care of me for free, which rawks, but it sucks for them because they have to do all the labor. Bottom line this rim is weak, but I'm giving a little and giving DT Swiss a break in case the bike shop somehow messed up and didn't lace up my wheels properly, I can't imagine all of their rims being this weak if they want to stay in business.

Similar Products Used: I have a 98 Specialized Hardrock which I have beat up, like a red-headed stepchild and have never had any wheel problems.
Mark Sauser   Cross Country Rider [Aug 07, 2005]

Very weak!

The second time i rode with these wheels i hit a small bump within 100 ft of the trailhead and bent the rim completely over. The front wheel looks like a pretzel and i've noticed that the rear wheel's trueness is extremely compromised. The bike is only two weeks old and now i am stuck with the task of trying to get the bike shop to replace it. I would prefer to switch them out with something more reliable as i do not trust them.