DT Swiss M 1900 Wheelset

DT Swiss M 1900 Wheelset

DT Swiss M-1900 6-bolt Disc QR Front Wheel: Strong and durable all mountain wheelset built with optimized components. Disc specific single-eyelet disc rim (26x19.2) 370-inspired International Standard 6-bolt disc hub with 8-9 speed freehub...

[Aug 29, 2016]
Juan Suarez

Strength:

Exelente respuesta en ascensos fuertes,con una rigides lateral que esta sobre la norma para llantas de este precio,suavidad de coginetes incomparable,

Debido a su rigides responde rapidamente a pequeñas rocas del camino,lo que provoca cambios en suspencion para optimisar el control.

Definitivamente muy buenas llantas con un exelente precio,con un diseño a la altura de otros juegos de valor superior,su peso es correcto para su uso en XC,ya que unas de menor peso pierden fiavilidad.

Mavis crossman

[Aug 23, 2016]
Jc
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Stiff wheels, reasonable mid weight

Slow engagement on free hub. Free hub made of cheese.

Dt swiss m1900 came stock on my Mondraker foxy carbon r. Great bike, poor wheels. Trail riding and very limited air time saw the rear hub shed its pawls and disintegrate after less than 6 months and 30 rides. I would estimate tops 500 miles. I would not like to think i had purchased the wheel looking forward to good trouble free rides. On top of the failure i had to pay for shipment of the warranty replacement wheel from the uk DT Swiss rep.

Mavic xm 316, mavic crossmax Sl

[Aug 26, 2015]
partusa
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Strong rim and spokes

On the heavy side and rear hub ratchet destroyed after 700 miles.

The wheelset came stock on my Yeti bike. I mainly ride trail and travel 2 times per year to ride all mountain. Not a heavy rider and not super aggressive either, just an advance MTB rider. I rode the wheelset tubeless (stans conversion) with different tires, HR2 2.35 and Hans Dampf 2.35 in the front and Ardent 2.25 and Nobby nic 2.25 on the back. The wheelset has around 1200 miles now and I had to true the rear wheel only once since new. Spokes are still tight, never touched them. The set is a little heavy, but probably similar to other wheelset for the same money.
The real problem was that the ratchet of the rear hub got destroyed after 700 miles and I mean completely destroyed. Pieces of metal from shredded teeth ended up fixing the ratchet while I was on the trail and I ended up with a fixed gear hub. I contacted DT Swiss, got a prepaid label, shipped the wheel and got the wheel repaired back 2 weeks later.
The hubs are the entry level DT hubs, not the 240 or the 350.

[Feb 05, 2013]
haristheodoropoulos
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Very strong wheelset

Max tire size 2.35.

Very strong wheels .They do perfect in all mountain/enduro slopes and the handle perfectly moderate to big jumps. 4 stars only because the take max 2.35 tires and they could have been lighter

[Feb 09, 2012]
gtxtrem
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Not sure after only 4 rides. They seem to work well and did not "spoon" in hard fast corners. That is good when the rider (that would be me) is 225lbs.

Left side hub assembly fell out on fourth ride. I am pretty sure this is not supposed to happen.

Bottom line is this: I don't think anyone should buy these rims. I can't get DT Swiss to respond to my emails or phone calls. While they seem to handle well in the corners and rough DH, the Rim falls apart after 4 rides.... no support from the factory.... enough said. Buy Mavic! They always supported me when I had issues. Even if it was my fault....

Mavic, Shimano, WTB.