DT Swiss M 1700 Spline Two 29 Wheelset

DT Swiss M 1700 Spline Two 29 Wheelset

[Nov 02, 2016]
Matt

Strength:

DT hubs are simple and light.
Straight pull should allow more spoke tension.

DT rims bend easily (dings & going out of true)
Straight pull spokes are difficult to find a replacement (or rebuild with)

These came on my new bike. I was hoping these would hold up better being straight pull then the previous J-bend 350/DT Rim combo from another bike. Both sets I had to take wheel into be be true after just a couple of rides.

So, after less then 200 miles, I looked into rebuilding the wheels. But the straight pull hubs made a rebuild to costly. So already replacing these with a different wheelset altogether.

-Hubs are simple, light weight, But low engagement. Rims are too soft for heavy rider.

I weigh 190 lbs. Riding XC/AM. May be a great product for lighter rider.

Easton Haven (C for hub, A for Rim)
Factory DT Swiss 350/rim combo (A for hub, F for rim)
Dave's wheel custom build DT Swiss 350/Arch rim (A++++)
NOBL=Onyx Hub/Carbon Rim (TBD)

OVERALL
[Feb 24, 2015]
legitposter

Strength:

Wide

Rim tape required (already installed)

The M1700 spline 2 has been perfect for me as a weekend warrior rider. I wish it had a sealed rim bed - like the Tricon series - but the pre-installed rim tape has worked fine. I like that the wheel immediately seated and 'popped' the bead on my WTB TCS (UST) 'Tough' casing tires when I mounted them. I had trouble with the tight fit of these tires on Easton Haven wheels. At 23.5mm internal width these wheels are the perfect width for the recreational rider.

OVERALL