Crank Brothers Cobalt 29er Wheelset

Crank Brothers Cobalt 29er Disc Wheelset: Same lightweight build as the 26" Cobalt wheels, except with 29" rims. 19mm ID (23.6mm OD) welded, anodized 6061-T6 aluminum rim with machined "Y" ribbed cross-section. 1.6 spokes attach at the base...

DH/Chico   Cross Country Rider [Sep 14, 2013]
Strength:

Strong, Durable, Great customer service, easy to work on.

They can't take a direct garage hit, but that is my fault for being an idiot.

This is my second set of cobalt's. My first set is when they first came out and I was riding a 26inch wheel. I enjoyed them so much and had a great customer service experience that when I bought my new 29er I went with them again. These are light strong wheels! I dropped legit five pounds from stock wheels that came on my bike.I ride my bikes hard and these wheels have taken everything I have thrown at them. The only thing that they didn't take was me forgetting (after a long night out) that I still had my bike on my roof when I drove them into my garage. Once again though Crank Brothers customer service was great. Another great thing about these wheels are that when they go out of true they are a lot easier to true up then a 32 spoke wheel.

clj766   Cross Country Rider [Jul 20, 2011]
Strength:

bling, bling and more bling.
lightweight
sound of hub
no rim strips needed to run tubeless
skewers

none as of yet

So far these rims have been great they are what they are and that is a light weight cross country wheels I'm not planning on doing drops of any size on these baby's. real attention getter.