Chris King Disc Wheelset

Disc

32° Bontrager disc specific rims, Wheelsmith DB14 spokes (3X) and aluminum nipples laced up to our ISO Disc Hubset. We build them right here in Shasta Lake by hand, one at a time.

• Available with Black or Silver hubs
  • Available only from your local bike shop.

• User Reviews (5)

bhonda98   Weekend Warrior [Oct 31, 2010]
    Strength:

Stays true. I have owned this wheel set for about 7 years and they are bullet proof. I just recently send them to the shop just to make sure they are true, let's see what happens.

2004 Stumpjumper FSR. Rock Shox Duke XC fork, XTR rear derrailler, front XT derrailler, Avid rear Juicy Carbon Hydro Brakes, Marta SL front Hydro Brake, Azonic carbon high riser brakes.

paul   [Mar 02, 2003]
    Strength:

run very smoothly, light weight, low maintenance so far, stiff and handle accurately/predictably. My wheels are built with 517's and DT revolutions spokes by LBS. Strong. Very nice looking, got gold ones to go with Id gold/orange

sometimes the noisy free hub irritates me

I've seen it written that you shouldn't use DT revolution spokes with disc wheels but my wheels stay true despite the extra stress disc-braking places on them. Brian at Bicycle Jones in Klamath Falls, Or, built my wheels and when I took them in to shop in Ashland to have their first tune up at about 50 hours (they seemed fine but I thought I should have a pro tune them because that is not my forte) they told me they didn't have to do anything and didn't charge me(CycleSport, also good guys). I have been able to taco every other wheelset I've ridden (Brian would verify) except the King's and the Mavic's, but I'll probably break before these wheels do.

Similar Products Used: Mavic Crossmax UST disc, XT disc, lots of non disc wheels
    Derric Grady   Cross Country Rider [Jan 18, 2003]
    Strength:

Everthing Chris King Hubs laced to Mavic 317 are light bullet proof. These have been runnig true since day one.
    The idea of being able to field service these with two simple tools. Great IDEA.

None at this time.
    Pricey but you truely get what you pay for these days.

You will love the way these run true. The bearings are silky smooth. To service these you need just 2 5mm allens wrenchs. I will not buy another hub setup

Similar Products Used: Bontrager racedisc, shimano componants
    Ryan   [Nov 08, 2003]
    Strength:

Roll weight is really light, little or no maintenance, and I love the loudness of the freewheel. *CLICKCLICKCLICK....*

None that I have found. Although, the loudness of the freewheel may get some people, but I love it.

I have always loved ChrisKing headsets and knew that the hubs would be equally awesome. And having being built by John Kovachi, these wheels are indestructible speedbullets.
    I would recommend these hubs to anyone interested in new wheels.