BombShell Switchit Wheelset

BombShell Switchit Wheelset

Perfect Downhill / Dual Slalom / Mountain Cross wheelset. Available in 26"x32-hole. Fatdaddy 1.75 rims. Bombshell Switchit hubs: exclusive feature allows hubs to be "switched" from 20mm to Quick Release. CNC machined shell. Oversized flanges. 4130 heat treated "bombproof" axle. Seales angular contact bearing. Rear hub Quick Release or 12mm. Sold as wheelset only.

[Dec 26, 2008]
R-DUB

Strength:

Bombproof. Light for how strong they are.

If there has to be a weakness I would say they are a little heavy for cross country riding.

These wheels rock. I am about 200lbs and I have abused these wheels on drops, roots, rocks, jumps and everything in between and they hold up. Although the spokes don't seem all that tight the rim still spins as true as day one. I finally needed to tighten one spoke after two and a half years of riding. The switchit hub is amazing.(works really well with my Pike) I think a lot of other companies are copying this design. Super stiff no play. I was a little concerned about there being no eyelets on the rim but I have never had a problem.Thanks Bombshell!

Shimano XT with Sun Ryhno lites, Mavics

[Jul 04, 2008]
matthewbanningsmith

Strength:

Basically Everything

Skewers seem to loosen up easily, no big deal, just clamp 'em tight or switch 'em out

These wheels are freakin strong, and are the first to hold up to unacceptable abuse without even truing. I got the front wheel seriously wedged into a park bench today where the seat of the bench meets the back and it put serious strain on the spokes (all 170 lb. of my weight on it). I thought I would need a wheel true at a minimum as the front wheel was wedged in there tight and I could see the spokes bending. DUDE...not so, they were perfect, no problems. I do 5-6 FT. stair drops and dirt jumps all the time and not a single truing was needed. This is the first wheelset to hold up to sick daily abuse and ask for just a bit more. Truly a set it and forget it part. No more truing and not understanding why they don't make a wheel that works. The thing has 32 spokes and wants you to beat on it. My mechanic was way supprised at how light they were and commented on it twice. I noticed a slight weight penalty, but adjusted after 3 rides and I have to say, I will only buy bombshell from now on. The only thing (and I need to experiment more) is that the clamping force of the skewers seems to be not real good. I've had to reach down and tighten the front skewer at least 7 times and the back came undone on an obstacle two separate times. These skewers seem to need extra tightening and to watch them carefully. I'm thinking of switching, but the wheels really are sick and freakin bombproof. They have done straight up UNBELIEVABLE things. Buy em, if you need more, go for the crushers with 48 spokes if you are a complete animal where nothing else will do. Your frame will give out first. For $260 they rock hard. I would honestly pay $500 for these without a thought.

Mavic crossrides and stock bontragers

[Nov 16, 2005]
steve

Strength:

light and strong

none so far

for the little time that i have own these, i am amazed. they feel so light. but at the same time i have landed 4 and 5 foot drops to flat and on stairs and they hold up to the beating. they ride so smooth and stiffened up my fork because of the conversion kit. they also are very easy to get downhill tires off of. i would recommend them to anyone looking for a new wheelset.

arrow to xt, rhinolights, mavic, and others