Atomlab Pimp Lite Wheelset Wheelset

Atomlab Pimp Lite Wheelset Wheelset

Price: $130-300 depending on hub choice and other options.

For 24" or 26" rims size.

[Nov 12, 2010]
mloewenstein

Strength:

good for the money, look great and are very strong...at first glance

plows spokes as though designed to do so and rim pin could be stronger. in the front the bearings wont sit tight in the cups.

i have blown 5 spokes in the last week. i do ride at a highly abusive level and dont always have the time to true to perfection but still, un acceptable. i have this wheel set on two of my bikes and have had problems on both. the first ride on my dh set my rim separated at the weld. as a result i went through a brand new tire that wasn't free. then to the front wheel. the bearings are super smooth but will not sit tight and snug in the cups of the hub. why? i have no idea. after putting them in a hydraulic press and using loctight they are feeling better but still not as secure as even my old deore's. i have been a mechanic for over 5 years and have been demoing and riding on new wheels every year. i have never had the consistent problems with ANY wheel that i have with these. swing and a miss atomlab.

OVERALL
[Jan 29, 2010]
bklaer

Strength:

Strong, not noticeably heavy, I haven't had them too long but I have had zero issues with them, and the black rim/white spoke/red hub combo looks doooooooooooope

None so far

I rode these rims all summer and fall, with no issues. 5 foot drops to flat, the local jumps, and the local BMX track weren't anything these couldn't handle. I'll have to wait till this summer to take them to the mountains, but I'm not expecting anything different. A solid set of wheels that look awesome, and not too expensive. I'm giving them 4 chili's just because I don't know how they'll do in the mountains yet.