American Classic MTB Single Speed 26 Wheelset

American Classic MTB Single Speed 26 Wheelset

American Classic 26" Single Speed MTB wheels take cross country riding and racing to a higher level of performance. Lightweight and durable with a deep section rim design that is 22mm wide x 24mm high. Compatible with many of the tubeless systems on the market. 18 tooth cog and lock ring included.

• Rims: aluminum
  • Hub Front: Disc 130
  • Hub Rear: Single Speed
  • Bearings: 6803 C3 sealed stainless steel
  • Spokes: AC 14/15 gauge
  • Quick Release : cro-moly
  • Spacing: 135mm
  • Available in disc and non-disc versions

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 04, 2008]
    francois

Strength:

Light weight
    Great wheelbuild
    Feels agile
    handles well

Rim got dinged easily when hit
    Bearings are a tad rough

This a great race wheelset. I opted for the heavier spokes and it has stayed true over the last three years. The bearings have broken in nicely and there is no play on the rear wheel.

I am very happy about this purchase

Over a dozen high end wheelsets

OVERALL
    [Jul 23, 2006]
    Rain Man

Strength:

Light weight.

A little flexy and poor standard bearings.

This wheelset came with the One Niner that I originally purchased from NinerBikes in the USA.

I gave them a pretty hard time for six months and then changed the stock bearings for a set of Enduro bearings.

The wheelset is light, and look good on the bike. I run WTB 2.3 Exiwolf tires front and rear. The bike [SIR 9] is set up as a rigid singlespeed, so the wheelset gets quite a pounding every day. I true the wheels fairly regularly, because I don't spare them at all..

Given the fact that this is such a lightweight wheelset, they have held up remarkably well so far. They flex a bit and sometimes get a little wobbly, but a quick tension/adjustment with the spoke key usually is enough to set them straight.

I had to get the rear re-dished recently after a particularly hard week of riding through very rocky trails flat out.

Would I buy them again?

I think that they are a little bit too flexy and light for a true cross country wheelset. If you only ride fairly smooth singletrack they are fine, but for rougher treatment, I would prefer something a bit stronger and stiffer.

However, I really can't complain too much...these wheels have been pretty good considering the amount of abuse they get from me.

I give them 4 for value, because they were so cheap from NinerBikes, but only 3 for overall, because they are a little weak for a true CC wheelset and the standard bearings are pretty awful.

R.