American Classic Aluminum Wheelset Wheelset

American Classic Aluminum Wheelset Wheelset

• Weight: Front 665 grams; Rear 794 grams
  • Price: Front $184.95; Rear $263.95
  • Velocity 26" Synergy 420g rims (red, yellow, blue, or black)
  • American Classic's Suspension Front Hub and Ultralight Cassette Hub

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 18, 2001]
    alan

Strength:

light weight, servicability, high quality

ratchet mechanism in the freehub has a fair amount of travel before it engages.

These are very high quality wheels. They are very light, yet strong. I looked around quite a bit before purchasing these after my rear Mavic hub cracked, and the grease guard plus light weight at a great price are what sold me. I also like the fact that they use standard spokes. I have ridden them hard one season and have not had to true them yet. I am not very heavy, but I've still done a few stupid things here and there that could have done horrors to these and they've come out fine. The guys at American Classic were great and they built these up per my specifications (radial front, red alloy nipples, 28 hole, plus choice of colors), so you are getting pretty much a custom set of wheels. The ratcheting mechanism freeplay mentioned above hasn't been a problem for me, but if you do a lot of trials type riding, you may not be well served by the rear hub. But if you love regular old trail riding, these wheels are truly wonderful.