Stans NoTubes Best Tubeless Sealing Kit Tubeless Tire

Stans NoTubes Best Tubeless Sealing Kit Tubeless Tire

Stan’s Tubeless System:

Converts your standard rims and tires to a tubeless system. Has the ability to be used with tubeless and non-tubeless tires. This cost efficient light weight system reduces rotating weight for faster and easier pedaling. This Tubeless system will convert 2 tires and rims and includes: 1 pint of Stan's Tire and Rim Sealant (seals approximately 8 tires), a 60g scoop, 2 Molded Rim Strips with removable valve core, 1 roll nylon reinforced tape, and decal.

[Aug 08, 2014]
robin richardson

Strength:

Unknown

If you don't have access to a copressor and own a Presta to Schrader converter save yourself a lot of aggro and stick with tubes!!

Very dissapointed and frustrated with the above experience; incomprehensible instructions, not cheap and I used a joeblow foot pump!!

[Jun 17, 2011]
Vespasianus

Strength:

Works

Expensive

Hate to say it, but the stuff works. I have tried all the other sealers but when push comes to shove, the only thing that seals a puncture is STANS. Everything else I have used, from SLIME to the stuff you buy at the automotive store, just won't seal a small puncture.

Still too dxmn expensive at $15 a bottle but the stuff does with they say it does.

All

[Feb 12, 2011]
Carlos R

Strength:

Seals well if you get the trick of installing it and become an expert or you are a professional cyclist with experienced mechanics on your side.

Dries too quickly, does not holds well in all conditions, messy, you need to become an expert in the system to get it working.

I had only horrible experiences with the product. I tried both, the old and newer versions with no luck. I decided using slime light tubes and have not experienced a flat in about two years (using the same tubes). I race at leat 5 times a year and train very, very hard. For a penalty of only 3 ounces per pair, I preffer the slime tubes. It helps not interrupt my performance during races. Sometimes, a little extra weight is worth the inpercetible penalty if the tradeoff is better performance. I think it might work well for road bikes, but would not damage an expensive Bontrager weelset with such messy liquid.
God Bless.

no other tbeless system

[Nov 11, 2009]
griz1221

Strength:

Opens the door to the tubeless world!

Learning curve, price I guess, directions could be better presented.

Do your homework on the site to see if your rims and preferred tires are listed. Watch the videos, again and again. Should you choose to don the Stan's mantle, follow the directions closely.
Biggest tip for me was the CONCENTRATED soap and water solution (rate somewhere on the label). The soap suds aid tremendously in seating and sealing the tire initially. Also, removable! valve stem on Stan's strip really lets you blast the air (walmart compressor) in to seat bead, hold pressure with finger, and quickly screw core back in.
Raced the fabled VT50 (not fast) this year on Geax Marathon 2.1's at 25psi and fared better in the mud than most. Trailriding this fall has been a low pressure gripfest. Spend much time seeking out bull briars to run over. Yippee, lighter setup, faster, more traction, and no more flats!

none yet, just tubes

[Nov 10, 2009]
meanbeaver

Strength:

I guess it works

Too expensive for what it does.

Don't waste your money on no tube kits of any kind. You can make your own kit for way cheaper using gorilla tape ($6.00) and some local tube sealant ($5-$9).
Works just as good and you get to keep your savings for beer after the ride!

no tubes, stans

[Jul 10, 2009]
youngt2

Strength:

The stuff for me has done what it says it would do (in proper UST Rims & Tires)

Messy as H__L when you have to change or remove the tires.

Reading all the reviews from those with poor luck with the Stans sealnt - not sure why. I've run this stuff for about 2-3 years now (winter & summer)& if you are going to go tubless the stan's makes all the difference. I tried to save $ by buying the Green stuff from Walmart etc. & walked my bike home after a thorn puncture & seepage around the rim. Replaced that with Stans (different texture,color etc.) & as I held the wheel under water watched as the bubbles stopped. The whole UST concept is not without its own problems ( I always carry a tube far from home) like if you allow pressure to drop too low & hit an off-camber roack root etc. the rubber will separate from the rim & air will burp out ( cost me a race once)Tubes - no tubes the technology is getting better.

Green Stuff from Walmart & from an aerosol can (both useless)

[Oct 04, 2008]
Adam

Don't bother. If you want to convert to tubeless, buy a 20" tube, fillet it down the center, fit it over the rim and trim it beneath the lip where the tire bead sits. It's the same thing (or better) and costs about $6.00 plus the cost of sealant. Mount a UST tire and seal with your preferred sealant. Thanks to the guys at Mojo Wheels for this tip.

[Sep 07, 2008]
jkoehler

Strength:

None that comes to my mind

Pretty much everythings

I am sure there are people that are using this stuff successfully, however my experience was all bad. I am a bigger rider (220lbs.) and I use Rhynolite wheels. I read through the instructions, did numerous dry runs and felt very comfortable with the process. I consider myself to be fairly savvy when it comes to bikes. I followed the directions to the T, I did the soap, shake, soap, shake, repeat multiple times, give it time to settle. You name it, I did it. I had ZERO leaks. As soon as it would come under fire (out on the trail) I would get slow leaks. CONSTANTLY. The directions online state if you are using Rhynolite rims use their rimtape. I tried with my tape that was originally on the wheels and their rim tape. Same result. If you are a bigger guy forget this stuff. I would be shocked if it would work for you. I talked to several other people who had the same problem. I could have changed 60 tires in the amount of time I spent trying to get this to work. If you do buy this stuff, go online and download their detailed instructions and watch the video.

[Jul 06, 2008]
smokey422

Strength:

For me, none.

Won't seal tires in spite of doing everything recommended in the video.

I tried both of Stan's kits, the original with the tape and the one with the expensive glorified inner tubes (rim strips). Tried it with several tires, including Hutchinson Pythons (which Stan said would work) and Panaracer XC Pros. I couldn't get them to pop and seal even with a big Sears air compressor and yes, I shook the tires all around to spread the sealant. It was a miserable failure, making a big mess and one of the worst products I've used on my MTB.

The ratings show that a lot of riders have had success with Stan's kits and I'm glad for them, but I can only report how they worked for me, which was NOT! If I ever decide to go tubeless again it will be with a set of the UST wheels and tires.

none.

[Jul 17, 2003]
Ken

Strength:

It makes you tubeless. No more flats, less rolling resistance, more traction.

Total pain to install this time! Had to use an air compressor.

The freeride version comes with Schrader valves. Tell you the truth, I like Shrader more now. No more having to unscrew the little tip thing on the presta, then having to worry about the core coming out. Be prepared to use an aircompressor. If you don't have one check out a gas station. great product though. AFter you get it to work.

Tubes, tires, and stans normal kit.