Specialized Fast Trak SLK S-Works 2-Bliss Tubeless Tire

• Aramid Bead
  • Butyl Wrapped Bead to prevent low pressure burping
  • 1.8mm knob heights for the center tread

moutainbikeracer.will   Cross Country Rider [Mar 27, 2011]
Strength:

Super light, extremely fast rolling, and grips amazingly well.

Tires are always out of stock.

I love these tires! Out of all the tubeless tires that I have used, these are my favorite. The small knobs climb better in any condition better than my Kendas and WTBs.

I've also read some negative posts on the sidewalls being not so great against gashes; however, my Contental and Panaracer UST suffered from sidewall gashing. But what XC UST tire is gash resistant?

Similar Products Used: Nothing seems to come close
bw   Weekend Warrior [Aug 24, 2009]
Strength:

First ride the sidewall went. When purchasing them bike store they put slime in them I wondered why , never had to do that to Hutchinsons. First tire was flat with a bad sidewall after leaving the the store and returned for this one.

I'll never buy another specialized tire

Similar Products Used: Hutchinson tubeless
J   Weekend Warrior [Jul 28, 2008]
Strength:

Excellent on hard pack. Holds well on forest single track for a tire with such small knobs.

Not good on wet single track (damned tree roots) and useless in mud. If you get stuck in a T-storm while on a forest track, you are in trouble.

Good tire if you do mainly XC on fire roads, hard pack or dry single track, but not in wet conditions.

jadickey   Racer [Jul 13, 2008]
Strength:

Very fast rolling. Great traction for such low knobs. Very low weight for a UST tire (~495 grams).

Takes me a little to get used to cornering on them versus more knobby tires. But it only takes 5-10 minutes of riding to relearn their wash out point. Not so hot on wet terrain.

Great tire. I've never had a problem with the tires - they hold air great with some Stans, mount on Mavic rims without a fuss, and the wear seems reasonable for a low knob tire (I change them once a year and don't ride on the roads with them). I've used it for racing on just about every type of course, from wet roots, to rocks to hardpack. They're awesome on hardpack but not so great on wet roots (but then again, semi-slick tires aren't really meant for that type of riding). I've found it's very easy to swap them for a set of knobbier Maxxis tires if the conditions warrant.

Similar Products Used: Nothing this low knob
Josh D   Racer [Apr 02, 2008]
Strength:

Fast tracking on the trail, but would not hold the corners on loose soil or gravel AT ALL!!

3 rides on rooty trail surfaces. Now have 2 ruined tires, the rear went first after a tiny encounter with a root on the side wall, not anything out of the ordinary. Tire 2 went today after just rolling over a small root. I am going to the shop in the morning and demanding my money back these tires are completely worthless!!!

This tire is a piece of JUNK!!!! Buyer beware!!

Similar Products Used: Nothing similar, I have never had a tire that was this big of a piece of junk