Specialized Fast Trak Grid UST 29 Tubeless Tire

Specialized Fast Trak Grid UST 29 Tubeless Tire

[May 07, 2017]
Scot

Strength:

Light weight fast rolling

Lack stabile cornering and predictability.

Raced XC on the S-Works 26 x 2.1 and had a better vibe for the tire, however the side walls were susceptible to side wall failure, thats why I decided to upgrade to the "Grid". Ultimately had to sacrifice the weight addition on my XC race rig and switch the front to a 29 x 2.3 Maxxis High Roller II Dual Compound...At least 200+ grams heaviers but piece of m ind is priceless.

Spec SLK S-Works 26 x 2.1 UST (IBIS SILK TI)

OVERALL
[Feb 05, 2013]
29erBob

Strength:

These are good tough tires if you ride a rockier side of XC they'll work great and setup easy tubeless. Very tough! Good longevity.

Traction,.. I can't say how many times I've been running hard into a corner and felt one or both ends slip or drift and speed.

These are not bad tires overall. I would say they're tougher than the majority of fast rolling UST rubber but the cost is some weight. I'm not sure I'd run them again after this set is dead, but they are holding up nicely after several hundred miles, rocky terrain not suited for this tread and my weight and riding style.

Maxxis Ignitor, Geax Saguaro