Schwalbe Smart Sam UST Tubeless Tire

Schwalbe Smart Sam UST Tubeless Tire

[Feb 14, 2009]
Kero

Strength:

Good on the road

Slid out in courners, wouldn't track correctly, had a mind of their own. Terrible in the slightest bit of mud.

I bought these tyres thinking that I'd get a good all round tyre for both the dirt and road. I have to admit that if it wasn't for the road performance I would have given them a zero for a score.
I had more stacks on these tyres in the first month than I've had all together in the past 5 years.

CrossMarks

OVERALL
[May 11, 2008]
Hector

Strength:

A great all around tire like I suspect a lot of people are looking for.

None (although the UST's are a bit expensive at the moment)

Just like everyone else says: the perfect all around tire. Personally I'm not a 'tire prima donna' when it comes to riding on the dirt. I've ridden a lot of tires that work well in all types of terrain from Whistler to Florida Swamps, but until the Smart Sam I haven't been able to find a good off road tire that also rolls well on pavement. I just finished building the perfect bike and these were the only UST's in all of my research that fit my needs (an even mix of urban and dirt) and although expensive, I'd pay the same amount a second time.

WTB, Bontrager, others I've forgotten