Michelin XCR Mud UST Tubeless Tire

XCR Mud UST

This is the tire you can count on when conditions are especially demanding. Strong and very light, the Michelin XCR Mud combines the grip of a racing tire with outstanding durability, thanks to its aggressive construction. Its knob pattern and Dual Compound technology provide both excellent traction and effective mud evacuation.

gschacht   Cross Country Rider [Oct 31, 2010]
Strength:

Very little drag or caking in mud and good traction in wet/cold conditions.

The only negative I found is that the smaller casing transmits a rougher ride at 30 PSI, but I will put up with the ride knowing I can remain in an upright position.

Strange, one has deal with a vendor in England to buy tires cheaper than in the US, even with shipping! These do what they are designed to do - I mounted one on the front Mavic 819 rim and left my "all mountain" Continental UST on the rear. When you ride through deep mud the front tracks straight and right through it and the rear Continental non mud tire feels like you just applied the rear brake - major drag is apparent. I run the tire at 30 PSI. The only negative I found is that the smaller casing transmits a rougher ride, but I will put up with the ride knowing I can remain in an upright position for the duration of the ride in mud, roots and wet crap on the trail.

Similar Products Used: None have the rider recommendation this tire does for mud.
jono968   Cross Country Rider [Jun 29, 2009]
Strength:

Traction, rolling resistance, strength

Slightly narrow for a 2.0, weight a little high at 790gms (actual) compared to current crop of UST tires

This is my first 'real' tubeless tire although I've run a number of non-tubeless tires tubeless with good results. I'm running this on the front in wet slippery Winter conditions, first impressions are fast rolling, and low rolling resistence at 30psi - better than my previous Weirwolf. I'm now running at 20-25psi with no problems at all, it grips like crazy and loves to be pushed into corners. My only gripes would be the weight with the current crop of 600gm tires around, and the narrow width - but this is a mud tire so to be expected I guess and it is a strong tire with beefy sidewalls. That said this is my new favourite all round tire , just wish they came in a 2.2-2.4 for a bit more volume on the front.

Similar Products Used: Loads of non-tubeless - Maxxis Advantage, High Roller, Ignitor, Conti' Explorer, Twister, Mountain King, WTB Weirwolf to name but a few
RichardL   Weekend Warrior [Feb 05, 2009]
Strength:

Amazing grip on slippy surfaces - wet, mud, roots ..even ice!

A bit slow rolling on smooth/dry surfaces.

Fantastic winter/wet weather tyre. Inspires confidence. My LBS reckon that they were very difficult to get on to the rims but as a consequence (maybe?) they seem to lose very little air!

Similar Products Used: Hutchinson Bulldogs
Fatman   Cross Country Rider [Jul 18, 2007]
Strength:

s.b.

should be available in 2.2 or 2.3. Top level price.

Don't use it in mud much, but it's supposed to excel there. I find it an excellent tire for all conditions, surprisingly on hard surface, too. Runs with very low resistance, comparable to the Racing Ralphs, but has much more grip, especially in loose gravel. Certainly my favourite tire now.

Similar Products Used: Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2,24, Fat Albert; non-tl: Nobby Nic, and so many others
Aivars   Cross Country Rider [Apr 30, 2007]
Strength:

Excellent traction and grip on all kind of terrain. Very light weight. Nice look.

Noise on pavement. Price.

Great traction and rolling resistance. Fast acceleration. Very good grip in sand and mud, I was very suprised, excellent. Good mud clearence. In start, was problem with air holding, but I think it was my fault. Now, holds air for weeks, very good. So, If your are looking for reliable tire for all kind of terrain, especially mud and sand, this tire is very good choise.