Michelin Jet S UST Tubeless Tire

High density nylon casing. Optimized semi-slick tread provides grip and is designed to be fast rolling. State-of-the-art Silicium™ tread for enhanced grip. Molded butyl inner liner and specially shaped lightweight Kevlar® bead for air tight tubeless seal. Mavic UST certified and Nagesti (Rigida) tubeless compatible. Sizes/Weights: 26”x2.0” 700g.

willymcd   Cross Country Rider [Apr 06, 2009]
Strength:

Really fast works great on hard packed.

not good when it get slick out, but as bad as one would think. at least mud doesn't stick to them, haha..

I found one of these tires brand new caked in mud in a trashcan a few years ago and finally tried it out. It is a great racing tire, light and fast rolling and works awesome as long as the trails aren't to slick or loose.

Similar Products Used: schwalbe racing ralph, fat albert, wtb weirwolf
Grabby McCrotch   Weekend Warrior [Jun 22, 2003]
Strength:

Dam these things are fast... I was able to keep pace with a roadie while biking on a street to get to my trail. Super smooth on the right kinda trail and holds air like a son of a gun.

Also fell like a mofo when I tried to ride these babies outside of their specified conditions. Fell like a mofo when climbing slick rocks and fell like a mofo cornering on mushy soil. Maybe I'm just a sucky rider, I don't know.

Put these tires on your supermarket/school bike or if you ride on nothing but dry rocks or hardpark. Don't ask too for too much from these tires and you'll live to see your next birthday.

Similar Products Used: Also have tubeless Pythons and Explorers. Pythons are the best all around UST tires, I think.
Somxay   Racer [Jun 14, 2003]
Strength:

nice color, fast roller, it's tubeless and great road tire

none so far

Great tires and never had any trouble with them. Would reccomend if riding on rode. I have beaten rodies with these tires.

rick e   Racer [Aug 30, 2003]
Strength:

VERY VERY FAST! The tred life rocks. not very condition specific (though hardpack preferd.), light for a tubeless 2.0 tire.

a bit pricy, but what highend tires arnt?

Super fast tires! i've been mostly rideing on hardpack, some mud and sand. These tires climb like a goat! At first you dont really trust the tires to grip alot on turns, but within 30 min you get used to them and just let them do there job. They corner better then both HUTCH. misq and scorps, not quite as well and Comp S, but are faster. The backend does get a bit loose in deep sand. these arnt bad in mud, not great, but not bad, and they shed mud instantly. does well in 5 inch rock gardens. Be sure to get the rear tred facing the right way! Fist time i put them on facing the same direction as the front, not good! To make sure you get best traction keep rear around 35 PSI, and fronts around 40

Similar Products Used: HUTCH. scorp ( YUCK!), michelin comp s, CONT. explor. ( not bad)
Jim   Cross Country Rider [Feb 17, 2003]
Strength:

Rolls insanely fast, hooks up great in hardpack/heavy sand.

Doesn't do well in loose rock or gravel... but you aren't running these in that anyway unless you're a moron.

This is an awesome tire. I was skeptical at first, but these tires are truly amazing in hardpack/medium conditions. They corner rediculously well in the right conditions. But this is a condition specific tire, so don't expect it to go hooking up in ALL conditions. It was designed to roll fast on hardpack, not much else. It does great for Florida's sandy hardpacked trails, but things get scary in the loose stuff. So if you want something that will perform in hardpack, this is your tire. 4 piles of crap for value since they're expensive, but 5 overall for being a great tire.

Similar Products Used: Panarcer Trailblaster UST (Worthless in anything but nasty mud)
Jeff   Cross Country Rider [Aug 03, 2006]
Strength:

High,High rolling tire.

Loose condition grip.

Have a friend who has run the Jets for a few years and raved about them. Finally found a pair of tubeless version (hard to come by it seems) and anxiously mounted on my bike. 2 things struck me right away. I was able to climb more hills in the bigger ring due to the awesome low rolling resistance. I normally don't make up tons of time in the flats but I noticed I was able to generate up to 3 miles per hour difference using the same energy as my old tires. I was really jacked about that as I look for any way to gain speed that I can. Cornering with these takes getting used to as they slide and grab and it can scare you at first. I had to stay back in the saddle to insure bite on loose hills and mud was a little squirrely to steer in as well. The speed tradeoffs more than made up for the cornering for me. These tires are made for hardpack and should not be asked to ride outside that realm. If you stick to that, you will not be disappointed.

Similar Products Used: None
Andrew   Racer [Feb 04, 2003]
Strength:

Rolls fast, corners surprisingly well, can run really low pressure

Usual semi-slick problems - washes out in gravel and rocky terrain, but better than others I've used. Expensive

Time will tell how long these last, but I'd say that for hardpack they rule. I was also impressed by how well these hooked up climbing - also an attribute of the low pressure I was running. I would really only use these for racing - there are better all round tires.