Maxxis Hard Drive ts - 2 Tubeless Tire

Hard Drive ts - 2

The Maxxis tubeless system (ts) was engineered to allow riders of most conventional bicycle rims to use tubeless performance tires.

NORCALRUCKUS   Cross Country Rider [Jul 31, 2005]
Strength:

Price, weight, tubeless, works with UST, even though Maxxis said they did not know if it would

A bit narrow, kind of hard to put on rim if you are not experienced with tubeless, wire bead

I got these on line for the $10 deal, basically $15 for 2 tires, patch kit, water bottle, rim strips and shipping. You can't beat the deal. The guy at maxxis said they are for their TS system, and he did not know if it would work with a UST rim. I put them on my crossland UST rims, and they filled up to 60 psi with a floor pump, then I backed them up to 40 psi.

I rode them down a few flights of stairs and just parking lot stuff. I think they would make good race tires for my nrs, or good for commuting or light trail duty. For the value, the tire is unbeatable, especially for a newbie to UST who wants to convert on the cheap. I have not tried to use the rim strips, but I did see a listing somewhere on here recently where someone used the included Maxxis TS rim strips for regular tires to go tubeless with some success.

They are a little on the narrow side, so if you absolutely need fat tires, or do not have a second bike or set of rims, you may not like these. Otherwise, check 'em out!

I am going to commute on these and do some light trail riding, and then I will post a new review.