IRC Mibro UST Tubeless Tubeless Tire

Mibro UST Tubeless

madtowner11   Weekend Warrior [Aug 06, 2009]
Strength:

Great grip the 1st ride. Cheap

Wears out by the 3rd ride. Gave me my first tubeless flat ever.

The old adage about buying the cheapest thing (and you're going to end up buying it twice) is true in this case. I was actually very impressed with the Mibro on my first ride on them. Great grip. But after the 2nd ride they were so worn that they looked like they went through a cheese graiter. By the 3rd ride I'd lost half a knobby and then last night I flatted. I didn't bother checking where the flat occured, but I now know (thanks to the IRC Mibro) what a pain it is to change a UST tire trailside with mosquitos everywhere.

Don't buy this tire unless you're only planning on using it once, or if you ever plan on taking it offroad.

Similar Products Used: I've never used a product this crappy.
David   Cross Country Rider [Sep 01, 2007]
Strength:

Good Price. Low rolling resistance. High Side knobs, low center knobs

Really difficult to mount. Wears out fast.

Good overall tire. Low rolling resistance while still maintaining good traction. The side knobs bite well when leaned over, and the center knobs are relatively low profile. The tire worked well, but the center knobs wore out pretty fast (2 months riding 40 miles per week). If you can afford to change them out every month, they would be great. I ran them with stans like I do all my ust tires, and no flats. ran 30psi and i weigh 165lbs. The biggest complaint: The hardest tire to mount hands down. I had to take a break and try again a day later. I use soapy water and no tire irons. it was !#%&*? impossible to get the tire onto the rim. The other tires I have used went on super easy in comparison

Similar Products Used: Contential Vertical Pro UST, Weirwolf UST, Panaracer Fire UST, Hutchinshon Spider UST, Kenda Nevegal UST
Karch   Cross Country Rider [Dec 18, 2006]
Strength:

Traction on hard pack trail, rolling resistance is excellent, weight

Not so far

It is an excellent cross country and trail ride tire with good breaking,cornering and claiming grip

Similar Products Used: Panaracer pro 2.1
Tom   Cross Country Rider [Apr 12, 2007]
Strength:

Good grip at low pressure
Predictable
Cheap
Has all the strengths of tubeless technology (no flats, better grip with low psi)

Rear tire wears out incredibly fast
Sorta high rolling resistance (subjectively)

Great way to try out tubeless, because of low cost. OTOH, low cost cancelled out by fast tire wear. Trail riding significantly improved over traditional tires/tubes, IMO.

Similar Products Used: IRC Serac tubeless, Specialized Enduro 2Bliss
drew   Weekend Warrior [Dec 12, 2006]
Strength:

GRIPS!!
Easy to seat and inflate first time
Can honestly run at pressures below 30psi w/o worry

none so far

Good product. But don't overinflate them....I blew one off the rim at 80psi trying to seat the bead...ruined it..it seats well with 45-50, I was just being overly cautious and it cost me.

The tire is really good on the front, but I have a little reserve with it on the rear..but that is just preference.

bill   [Jun 22, 2007]
Strength:

good tracking and climbing

wear out after 300 mi of 50% trail and street

changed tire after 2 months and there is no tred left, not for dry condition because the tire burn out fast, didnt have any flats,